Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out while siiiiiiiiick

Trance

I have the flu. Either that, or the Ebola virus. Let's just say that I have pretty much been gastrointestinally screwed since last night. However, I really, really hate to go a day without working out. I just wondered what everyone's opinions were on this: Do you still work out if you're sick, or do you lay on the couch and take a day off?

I'd really like to lay on the couch and not get up till tomorrow morning, but I know I'll feel like crap if I do.

omg, are you kidding me? sweetie, take the day off. it is not going to kill you to miss one day in the gym. your body needs to fight off whatever infection it is fighting and to do that you need to rest (plus drink lots of fluids). if you go and you are as sick as you sound, you just might make yourself sicker by going instead of using that energy to fight the illness. take care of yourself.

(also, if it is contagious, you would be giving it to everyone.)

your body is trying to tell you something. listen to it.

Oh God, no, I wouldn't go to the gym like this!! Everyone would probably run screaming, since I look like something from Night Of THe Living Dead right about now. I just meant some PIlates or something at home. But I think you may be right - I might just lie low until tomorrow. I'm starting to think I opened some anthrax mail... :worried:

Drink plenty of fluids, eat some soup(Sound like your mom?) and just maintain your diet. All you can do. Working out will only make it worse.

Normally I cut carbs like a freak, but today I broke down and had some oatmeal - I think it's the only thing that would have stayed down. There is no way in hell I'm eating meat today. Ick.

Thanks, mom. :D

weight training already takes a toll on the immune system. if you train while you are sick you will just prolong the time until you are 100% recovered. your body can not do both at the same time.

Trance....

Glad to hear that you are going to take it easy! Hope you start feeling better soon!

if i were you bro i would get my rest. it will help you. training at this point will just be detrimental to your progress as well as your well being. take time off bro. get better

Top Bottom