Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out while injured.

c-sharp minor

5 days ago I sliced the top of my right forearm. The cut severed the muscle but stopped short of any tendon damage, thank god.

I am going to work out today and debating what I should do. I am probably going to do some form of full-body workout instead of a split routine.

I have to be sure not to rip my stitches, inside and out. Anyone have any advice on which exercises would be safe to perform? I'll more than likely start with legs (no barbell squats though) and work half my upper body as well as I can.

My doc already said not to work out for 2 weeks, but what does he know?:p

5 days of being sedentary and I feel like a goddamned marshmallow.:(

I don't know, but if it were me I might just be content to just to do my legs and maybe some cardio. Risking breaking the stitches and havin a larger tear with more damage would not be worth it to me.

Just my 2 cents here.

yeah bro. just take a break for a couple weeks. dont think of it what what you may lose. look at it as what you can gain when you get back.

Do cardio and/or legs, but stay off that arm. I'd give it at least a couple weeks, probably more. If you re-injure it, you're looking at months of recovery time.

Thanks for the input guys.:D

The first doc that stitched me up never knew I had nerve damage. I just got out of day surgery a couple of hours ago. The pain was excrutiating!!!!! I have to start my recovery all over again.:(

I guess I'll be working on my Demeyo/Platz/Cutler legs. :rolleyes:

At least I won't be one of those upper body guys with no legs.

c-sharp minor said:
Thanks for the input guys.:D

The first doc that stitched me up never knew I had nerve damage. I just got out of day surgery a couple of hours ago. The pain was excrutiating!!!!! I have to start my recovery all over again.:(

Sorry to hear that. Almost exactly a year ago I sliced my left hand open and tore tendons in it. It took me a good six weeks of having to wear a splint and going to physical therapy. Be patient and let it heal properly so when you come back you can go all out.

Top Bottom