Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working out my neck for mass

larret02

Hello all!
what's up bros I want to build a bigger and stronger neck, my regular routine consist of compound movements through out the week. But I need an advice on a special routine for my neck and I would like to know how many days in the week can you work on your neck, thanks.

lay on your back and put your chin to your chest and hold for 5 seconds. do 15 reps for 3 sets. that will strengthen the front of your neck

the back of the neck is worked out with normal compound lifting so i wouldn't even worry about it

As a general rule, you don't want to train a muscle again until at least 48 hours have passed since the last time you trained it.

Remember that when you train a muscle you are actually breaking it down. Your body rebuilds the muscle bigger and stronger after the workout from the stress stimulus you made by breaking down the muscle during the workout. If you train the muscle everyday, you don't allow it to ever recover and grow.

There is no reason to ever train a muscle more frequently then every other day.

I was told by a trainer that your abs were the only muscle you could train daily. Muskate knows much more than this trainer tho, so I would go with his suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by a trainer that your abs were the only muscle you could train daily. Muskate knows much more than this trainer tho, so I would go with his suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could train your abs daily, but there is simply no need for that.

Also, as for neck muscles, I think twice per week is more than enough. You can do some 'neck crunches' like suggested above. If needed, you can put a plate or some sort of weight on your forehead to cause resistance.

Top Bottom