Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out on empty stomach

ch3mical

Hello everyone,

The only chance I am able to work out these days is pretty much right after I wake up (around 6:30). After my attempted bulking over the winter (gained a lot of strength, but not too much muscle mass), I am looking towards cutting and preserving the muscle I do have.

I'm sitting at around 15% body fat at the moment, and my goal is to get below 10 for the summer.

Anyways, my routine consists of lifting Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and want to add in cardio for Wednesday as well. I know that HIIT is good for cutting, but heard it is a terrible idea to do it on an empty stomach.

On top of my regular lifting schedule and a strict diet, what should I be doing for cardio on lifting days, should I do it before/after my workout, and what should I do on my cardio only day? Keep in mind these workouts will be done on an empty stomach.

Thanks!

I cannot workout on a empty stomach. With that said a PB and Jelly with a big glass of water always does the trick for me.

As far as cardio on workout days, I would only do this 2 times a week as well as wednesday. That will be plenty.

Heavy bag training
Circut training
Jumprope
15 mins bike training
15 mins treadmill at highest incline with a fast walk/jog pace.

and the list goes on.....basically just get your heart rate up and get to business.

I can do cardio and bodyweight stuff on an empty stomach (Have to for army physical training m,w,f) but no way would weights go well on an empty stomach. Cardio should be fine though

cardio yes weights hell no I wake up at 5 drink a premade carb and protein shake go back to sleep for and hour or 2 then wake up and head straight to the gym

cardio yes weights hell no I wake up at 5 drink a premade carb and protein shake go back to sleep for and hour or 2 then wake up and head straight to the gym

Must be nice, if a cricket farts it wakes me up.. and once I'm up, I'm up all day... there is no going back to sleep

Empty stomach > full stomach.

Work out fasted exclusively. No problems hitting PRs every week.

10g BCAA beforehand is all you need.

I’m going in gym Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday. Tuesday usually I’m going 5 in the morning I’m drinking a coffee(no $ for shake this days but I used to take a shake put in some coffee in it for energy) eating a yogurt and a fruit then I’m going in gym sometimes I’m going after work and I don’t feel no deferent’s

no way. you need energy for weight traning. eat complex carbs before and you will be golden. brown rice and sweet potato's. don't ever workout on an empty stomach.

cardio is a different story. if you are gonna do cardio then you don't want to have a full stomachor you risk getting sick. I used to eat complex carbs 2-3 hours before my cardio session when I was a half marathon runner. and a lot of water.

of course everyone is different.. i knew runners who would eat absolute crap before a run and they were fine although runners tend to be cocky and BS'ers so not sure I believed them.

no way. you need energy for weight traning. eat complex carbs before and you will be golden. brown rice and sweet potato's. don't ever workout on an empty stomach.
Why? Because the standard response on internet message boards says not to?

This has been debunked about as often as the need to eat every 2-3 hours or the "fact" that the body can only process 30g of protein at a time.

I recommend not listening to the broscience and going off of actual science instead.

empty stomach is good for a "fast cardio" right away after you get up, but you MUST eat within 3 hours of waking up or you willl pig out all day. get up630-gym7-eat830
and your laughin

Top Bottom