Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out on empty stomach

okay since this is a steroid board we can all openly admit that we juice but on other sites it's hush hush and frowed appon but common we can all tell a juicer from a natty get real

and although this may be good for cutting you can't go against years of body building science based on what you read on 1 site... Cardio on a fasted state is catabolic but that's why it works weights atleast an intense workout on an empty stomach would be totally counter productive EVERYONE whether you workout or not needs breakfast not on for physical but mental benefits as well

For years people believed the world was flat...all the science today would suggest that isn't true...catabolism is highly overrated and just doesn't happen as fast as we'd all like to think. Read the studies. I'm not arguing for it...I was exactly the way you are. I'm just saying...75th posted up some good studies, which would suggest everything we believe from the years of bodybuilding science may not be true.

okay since this is a steroid board we can all openly admit that we juice but on other sites it's hush hush and frowed appon but common we can all tell a juicer from a natty get real

My answer to this is that because we all juice, we focus a lot of our learning on that and miss all the learning and advances that are happening in diet and nutrition. The natty guys HAVE to pay attention cause outside of hard work, that's all they have. There's a lot of cutting edge stuff out there for nutrition. Not all of it fits with the long standing beliefs of the culture. We would all be very quick to jump on board if a new supplement came out but we fight any challenges to our beliefs about dieting. Sometimes getting real means getting an open mind.

and although this may be good for cutting you can't go against years of body building science based on what you read on 1 site... Cardio on a fasted state is catabolic but that's why it works weights atleast an intense workout on an empty stomach would be totally counter productive EVERYONE whether you workout or not needs breakfast not on for physical but mental benefits as well

THERE IS NO SCIENCE. That;s entirely my point.

Most bodybuilders do things a certain way ONLY because those that came before them told them to.

And thanks for showing up, Roxy. You obviously have more patience than I do lol.

Also again lol @ claiming things as catabolic when the only proof is opinions on a message board.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but studies show that catabolism doesnt take effect until 3 days(!!!) of fasting - and even then it's rather minimal.

Training fasted triggers your body to release more GH, which in turn creates a more anabolic environment than training with food in your belly.

And again, I dont mind at all if people dont want to follow this method. Do what works for you.

What I (and any smart person) should mind is people making completely baseless claims based on no actual research or science whatsoever.

If you dont want to do it then just say you dont want to do it. But dont attempt to dissuade others with science that doesnt even exist.

And again, I dont mind at all if people dont want to follow this method. Do what works for you.

What I (and any smart person) should mind is people making completely baseless claims based on no actual research or science whatsoever.

If you dont want to do it then just say you dont want to do it. But dont attempt to dissuade others with science that doesnt even exist.

I think this is the key point...^^

When I first heard of IF and all that goes with it, I thought it was ridiculous. I'm all about learning though and like any new knowledge, you read everything you can and use some critical thinking skills to form your own opinions. I use a combination of dieting principles and have chosen not to follow one specific train of thought...but that's based on hours of research, experimenting with different methods and knowing my own body.

I still think it would be interesting to see guys who are on gear and/ or compete try the IF..say for a contest prep and see what happens.

Top Bottom