x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Working out on empty stomach

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Working out on empty stomach within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Hello everyone, The only chance I am able to work out these days is pretty much right after I wake up (around 6:30). After my attempted bulking over the winter (gained a lot of strength, but not too much muscle mass), I am looking towards cutting and preserving the muscle I do have. I'm sitting at around 15% body fat at the moment, and my goal is to get below 10 for the summer. Anyways, my routine consists of lifting Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and want to add in cardio for

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Working out on empty stomach

okay since this is a steroid board we can all openly admit that we juice but on other sites it's hush hush and frowed appon but common we can all tell a juicer from a natty get real
    I do not work out to be fit or healthy, I do it to look good naked!

and although this may be good for cutting you can't go against years of body building science based on what you read on 1 site... Cardio on a fasted state is catabolic but that's why it works weights atleast an intense workout on an empty stomach would be totally counter productive EVERYONE whether you workout or not needs breakfast not on for physical but mental benefits as well
    I do not work out to be fit or healthy, I do it to look good naked!

For years people believed the world was flat...all the science today would suggest that isn't true...catabolism is highly overrated and just doesn't happen as fast as we'd all like to think. Read the studies. I'm not arguing for it...I was exactly the way you are. I'm just saying...75th posted up some good studies, which would suggest everything we believe from the years of bodybuilding science may not be true.

Quote Quote posted by C.K. View Post
    okay since this is a steroid board we can all openly admit that we juice but on other sites it's hush hush and frowed appon but common we can all tell a juicer from a natty get real
    My answer to this is that because we all juice, we focus a lot of our learning on that and miss all the learning and advances that are happening in diet and nutrition. The natty guys HAVE to pay attention cause outside of hard work, that's all they have. There's a lot of cutting edge stuff out there for nutrition. Not all of it fits with the long standing beliefs of the culture. We would all be very quick to jump on board if a new supplement came out but we fight any challenges to our beliefs about dieting. Sometimes getting real means getting an open mind.

Closing deals on the soil of consumer based economies.

and although this may be good for cutting you can't go against years of body building science based on what you read on 1 site... Cardio on a fasted state is catabolic but that's why it works weights atleast an intense workout on an empty stomach would be totally counter productive EVERYONE whether you workout or not needs breakfast not on for physical but mental benefits as well
    THERE IS NO SCIENCE. That;s entirely my point.

Most bodybuilders do things a certain way ONLY because those that came before them told them to.

And thanks for showing up, Roxy. You obviously have more patience than I do lol.

Also again lol @ claiming things as catabolic when the only proof is opinions on a message board.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but studies show that catabolism doesnt take effect until 3 days(!!!) of fasting - and even then it's rather minimal.

Training fasted triggers your body to release more GH, which in turn creates a more anabolic environment than training with food in your belly.

And again, I dont mind at all if people dont want to follow this method. Do what works for you.

What I (and any smart person) should mind is people making completely baseless claims based on no actual research or science whatsoever.

If you dont want to do it then just say you dont want to do it. But dont attempt to dissuade others with science that doesnt even exist.

Quote Quote posted by 75th View Post
    And again, I dont mind at all if people dont want to follow this method. Do what works for you.

What I (and any smart person) should mind is people making completely baseless claims based on no actual research or science whatsoever.

If you dont want to do it then just say you dont want to do it. But dont attempt to dissuade others with science that doesnt even exist.
    I think this is the key point...^^

When I first heard of IF and all that goes with it, I thought it was ridiculous. I'm all about learning though and like any new knowledge, you read everything you can and use some critical thinking skills to form your own opinions. I use a combination of dieting principles and have chosen not to follow one specific train of thought...but that's based on hours of research, experimenting with different methods and knowing my own body.

I still think it would be interesting to see guys who are on gear and/ or compete try the IF..say for a contest prep and see what happens.

Quote Quote posted by 75th View Post
    And thanks for showing up, Roxy. You obviously have more patience than I do lol.
    lol...I didn't actually see this thread till last night. I've been too consumed with the contest and the bookie forum!