Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out on empty stomach

Why? Because the standard response on internet message boards says not to?

This has been debunked about as often as the need to eat every 2-3 hours or the "fact" that the body can only process 30g of protein at a time.

I recommend not listening to the broscience and going off of actual science instead.

uh bro because you are waking up from a 9 hr fasted state????? why do you think it's called "breakfast" oh wait that's just bro science...

uh bro because you are waking up from a 9 hr fasted state????? why do you think it's called "breakfast" oh wait that's just bro science...

Whats your point? Whether you fast for 16 hours in the middle of the day or fast overnight, youre still in a fasted state.

Obviously, its easier for me (or anyone else) to fast for 16 hours when you're asleep for 8 of those hours. Stop eating 3 hours before bed and dont eat until 5 hours after waking up. Piece of cake.

I dont know what you mean about breakfast being broscience. I do know that the "need" to eat every 2-3 hours is broscience.

It's just a preference... you can do it with or without, whatever works best for you... if you look at how the body evolved, it's used to working hard all day and not eating, then sitting down after a day on the hunt, eat heavy, and go to sleep... if it worked for thousands of years for evolution, working out on an empty stomach is fine now too, of course if you want to eat go for it... personally, if I even just drink 20 ounces of protein before working out, I want to vomit every 2 minutes.

how are you gonna compare a cave man to a body builder lol

how are you gonna compare a cave man to a body builder lol

thats a good point. our ancestors were lucky to make it to 20 years old because of poor nutrition. they looked sickly. a dog that isn't fed well is gonna look skinny and weak.. one that is fed and exercised properly is gonna look good with a shiny coat.

lol

Look at this guy just wasting away.

This guy fasts 16 hours a day, too. Obviously he has no energy and cant make it to the gym 3 times a week.

As for myself, since I began following an intermittent fasting approach, my bodyfat has dropped perhaps 1% and I've put on maybe 4-5lbs of LBM. I'm completely natural, and that was over a 5 month time frame. Meanwhile, my bench, squat, and dead 5rms have all risen by 20lbs, 35lbs, and 50lbs respectively. Plus, there's nothing better than eating an 1,800 calorie meal pwo. :)

Like I said, if you guys dont want to bother giving it a shot thats fine. But try not to dissuade folks from doing something when you have no knowledge or experience on the subject...especially when you have absolutely no science to back up your claims, whereas the opposing argument has tons. Just because 10,000 people on a message board regurgitate the same nonsense, it doesnt make it any less retarded.

So ch3mical, bottom line is do what you want. I'm NOT saying that you wont achieve your goal by eating before your workout...just that youre taking the scenic route in getting there. If you need me to point you in the direction of more studies and testimonials that back up the idea that working out on an empty stomach will always be superior than the alternative, just shoot me a PM.

Okay they are drastically cutting and on multiple "performance enhancers" i bet they wouldn't do that off cycle... and while working out on an empty stomach is possible I garantee it won't be as productive as if you had eaten and carb/protien meal a few hours before

I do wanna see the studies though post up :) I checked out the leangains sight interesting but def to each their own I couldn't fast for 16 hrs I get horribly moody and grumpy anything beyond 3 hrs I even just started drinking a midnight protien shake for my cycle :p

Okay they are drastically cutting and on multiple "performance enhancers" i bet they wouldn't do that off cycle... and while working out on an empty stomach is possible I garantee it won't be as productive as if you had eaten and carb/protien meal a few hours before

lol. What do you base this guarantee on? Exactly.

I posted a few studies earlier in this thread, all of them completely relevant and done on not only humans, but human athletes.

Also, none of those folks were on cycle. I am natural, and am in the best shape of my life not eating breakfast, working out on an empty stomach, and only eating 3 meals per day. A lot of folks on here have seen my pics, and I'd bet they would put them up against anybody of the same weight who's done 2-3 cycles.

Theres a reason all these studies back up what I'm saying - because it works.

Here are some more IF followers that have had success naturally whether they were cutting or bulking:
Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health: Success Stories

I do wanna see the studies though post up :) I checked out the leangains sight interesting but def to each their own I couldn't fast for 16 hrs I get horribly moody and grumpy anything beyond 3 hrs I even just started drinking a midnight protien shake for my cycle :p

I did too...I couldnt go more than 2 hours without food.

All I gotta say is try it. A week wont kill you. Stop eating at 8pm and dont eat again until noon. Around 9am you'll be hungry, but that will pass by 10. Workout at 1030 then feast when youre done.

Top Bottom