Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is working out on chest and shoulders together ok?

dan_m3jia

Hi guys I don't have many days off to work out, just 3 a week and I have to do as much progress and work out as many muscle groups I can the same day, I was wondering if doing chest and shoulders the same day is ok or that would kill my biceps and triceps, thank you.

Chest and shoulders have little or no effect on biceps. There are a million suggestions for workout combos but chest and shoulders is not one. If you did chest both your front delts and triceps will be knackered before you get to side and rear delts.

Try Chest and Back (so pec/tri followed by back and a little biceps).

I do shoulders and arms (bi's/tris). Shoulders first. Then bi's (gives triceps a break) then triceps. Right now I do forearm curls as well.

a mistake people make is overtraining their shoulders. i did this myself and i wound up tearing my rotator cuff.

when you work your chest you are going to hit your shoulders, and if you work shoulders and push you will work the chest too.. they go hand in hand sometimes

One point, following Steve's reply, is the need to allow recovery between some workouts. If you look at those that train as many as five days a week you'll see that the workouts are, for the most part, structured in such a way as to allow some recovery. Now no workout is completely isolated from the others but, by way of example:

1) (say Monday) chest and back

2) (say Wednesday) Legs and calves

3) (say Friday) Shoulders and arms.

You've a day off between workouts and the shoulder joint gets Tues, Wed and Thurs to recover. Then it also gets, as does the whole body, the weekend too. Legs, which are brutal to train properly, get a whole week.

Other versions will try to work the same kind of breaks in even if you train 5 days a week.

Top Bottom