Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working on a new routine

for calves try a rest pause routine do it on a calf raise machine or in a smith machine standing on a block so u can get a bigger ROM :evil:

ah alright thx... i saw someone using the calf raise machine for that. Should i just hold the DBs on the calf raise machine or should i actually use the weight on the machine for them? I did some reading on Nelson's calf workout, and it looks sick! However, i play soccer 2 days a week (wednesday and sunday) and lift 3 days a week (saturday OR sunday, tuesday, thursday) so i don't want to try this on sat/sun or tuesday. My next A day is thursday, so i am definetely going to give the 75 rep thing a try.

ah alright thx... i saw someone using the calf raise machine for that. Should i just hold the DBs on the calf raise machine or should i actually use the weight on the machine for them? I did some reading on Nelson's calf workout, and it looks sick! However, i play soccer 2 days a week (wednesday and sunday) and lift 3 days a week (saturday OR sunday, tuesday, thursday) so i don't want to try this on sat/sun or tuesday. My next A day is thursday, so i am definetely going to give the 75 rep thing a try.

The day after it wont be so bad, it will be the second day after that is the worst. Stretch them after your workout and on your rest days in which they are sore. Start off with it once a week and build up. If you in the calf raise machine then dont use dumbells lol. Or do it in a smith like I said

The day after it wont be so bad, it will be the second day after that is the worst. Stretch them after your workout and on your rest days in which they are sore. Start off with it once a week and build up. If you in the calf raise machine then dont use dumbells lol. Or do it in a smith like I said

idk why but i love doing them with DBs for some reason lol. would it be okay to use the things for stepups and just do it on those? And for the calf raise machine, i am guessing i should add weight on and do them? Thx

Squat
legs are still fucking sore as fuck shit from soccer. I am dying to squat again. I think i will have to work back into it since i have taken at least the last 2-3 weeks off on squats (was at 185x5). I will see where it takes me.

OH Press
65x5
75x5
90x4

Rows
75x5
85x5
100x3
100x4 (going to do it again next workout. a powerlifter there helped me out a bit)

Planks
1:52
1:47

Twists-- going to switch to leg raises next workout just because i enjoy the exercise.
26 (25 lb weight between legs)

just my luck i fell on my ankle during soccer yesterday.... therefore i didn't do that calf workout or squat

Deadlift
135x6
155x5
175x3 (hook grip left over)
175x3 (hook grip right over)
175x3 (double over)

Bench Press
100x7
115x6
135x5 (5th spot)
135x4 (4th spot)

Dips (FULL ROM)-- for the first 2 sets, i litteraly had to go like an inch more to get 7, but i couldn't do it. It's nice to know that i am getting a better workout and actually feel more tired from these dips. I know i could do more if it wasn't for the bench to failure right before, but i still think that this is solid for now.

just my luck i fell on my ankle during soccer yesterday.... therefore i didn't do that calf workout or squat

Deadlift
135x6
155x5
175x3 (hook grip left over)
175x3 (hook grip right over)
175x3 (double over)

Bench Press
100x7
115x6
135x5 (5th spot)
135x4 (4th spot)

Dips (FULL ROM)-- for the first 2 sets, i litteraly had to go like an inch more to get 7, but i couldn't do it. It's nice to know that i am getting a better workout and actually feel more tired from these dips. I know i could do more if it wasn't for the bench to failure right before, but i still think that this is solid for now.

Good job!

thanks man :) any advice as far as lifting goes? I think i might have plateaued on my bench press, so i am going to drop it to 125, and go up 5 pounds per workout again until i hit my next plateau or hit 3 or 4 reps until i get 5. As for deads, i feel more in control when i do over/under grip.. The bar doesn't slip out of my somewhat sweaty hands and bang onto the floor. Is it okay to switch it up like i did with the 175 today? When i tried 185, i only got 3 before i couldn't grip the bar anymore, and i think this could have been avoided by doing over/under. For OH Press, it's normal to progress at a slow rate right? This exercise is taking no matter how light the weight on the bar is lol

Yes you can switch up grip if you know you can't do it any other way.

About bench you are good, work more reps, up to 8 with 135lbs then increase it again.

The overhead press takes longer to come up, be patient!

Yes you can switch up grip if you know you can't do it any other way.

About bench you are good, work more reps, up to 8 with 135lbs then increase it again.

The overhead press takes longer to come up, be patient!

alright thx sounds good... Is what i did today okay with switching between the over/under and double over for each set? Maybe like 2 over/under with right/left alternating, and 2 double over for a total of 6 reps?

alright thx sounds good... Is what i did today okay with switching between the over/under and double over for each set? Maybe like 2 over/under with right/left alternating, and 2 double over for a total of 6 reps?

Yes it's ok, makes you more balanced.

Top Bottom