Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working on a new routine

Aslong as your back muscles are sore not your back joints or muscles hurt then carry on, just means they got worked hard.

Drop the russian twists if you want no need for them really, you said you didnt enjoy them much anyway...

oh and with squats if you cant go any higher than 170 then just start adding more reps every workout, you need to be doing more poundage or reps than last workout so your body can conintually adapt and grow.

yeah.. i think i'll try 175. I am pretty confident i can get that

Also, whenever i touch my shoulder with my right arm, i feel it a lot in my right bicep (takes a few seconds. I feel it more when i touch the back of my right shoulder, but nowhere else.

My right bicep has always been really weird. When i go to flex it, it kind of like shakes as i am going up. It's weird because it was like this even a year ago before i started lifting. My mom said it was probably nothing, but idk the trembling is really weird. Do you think it is from working it kind of hard or do you think there might be something messed up with my right bicep?

yeah.. i think i'll try 175. I am pretty confident i can get that

Also, whenever i touch my shoulder with my right arm, i feel it a lot in my right bicep (takes a few seconds. I feel it more when i touch the back of my right shoulder, but nowhere else.

My right bicep has always been really weird. When i go to flex it, it kind of like shakes as i am going up. It's weird because it was like this even a year ago before i started lifting. My mom said it was probably nothing, but idk the trembling is really weird. Do you think it is from working it kind of hard or do you think there might be something messed up with my right bicep?

Ok, take the squats easy dont rush ahead and add too much weight at once, same with any lift.

No idea about the bicep bro, Iv said before Im nothign like an expert in any of this.

Ok, take the squats easy dont rush ahead and add too much weight at once, same with any lift.

No idea about the bicep bro, Iv said before Im nothign like an expert in any of this.

it's all good.. you've been a big help man :)

My bicep is less sore today, but just the fact that it kind of trembles when i go to flex it is really weird. It's always been like that.

yeah it seems like my squat is going ahead of my other exercises by a shitload lol. I was a bit skeptical about it hurting my back at first, but now it's like when i squat, the bar doesn't even hurt my back when i rest it.

I am going to train my friend in July ,so hopefully i can learn a lot by then. He has 1 month free at the gym in July, but he has dumbbells for now. Does anyone know a good routine for DBs? He has the power blocks so it goes up a lot in weight. I think his go up to at least 85 or 95, and he has barely been lifting so he has room to grow.

Well a little recap for myself up to this point after 10 workouts

Squat
1st Workout- 95
10th Workout- 170

Deadlift

1st Workout- 105
10th Workout- 160 (fixed form last time)

Bench Press
1st Workout- (Started with DBs but made progress up till the 9th workout when i tried, only done it once 30/30/35- all x5, went up to 40/40/45.
10th Workout- 95x7, 105x8, 105x10 (a man there helped guide me through it on the last 2 sets i didn't really want him to but he was being really nice, so next time i will get a better estimate and do less reps)

Dips
Around the same... i can do more now but only at the beginning of my workout. I don't usually have enough left in the tank to do a full set of 3x8 dips.. even the weighted ones with 10 pounds i can only do 3 or 4. Are my better off doing 3 or 4 weighted or as many as i can unweighted at the end of my workout?

Calf Raises
Same as before- 15, 15, 15 each workout

Rows
Unfortunately, i have only done rows twice out of my 10 workouts and unintentionally, it was the same amount of weight for both of them. However, 10th workout felt much easier than the 2nd workout when i did them for the first time (even w/out doing them again). I was contemplating adding them w/ the cleans, but i really think they are a good/fun exercise. 45, 65, 75, 85. Next time i'll hopefully go up to a set of 95.

Clean/Jerk
1st Workout- 65, 75, 85
10th Workout- 65, 85, 95

These are hard as shit to progress in. I failed on the 5th rep for 95, but gained composure and got it. I don't think i can go over 95 for the next workout.

Chinups
1st Workout- 3, 3, 4, 5 (Not full ROM for all)
10th Workout- 5, 4, 3, 5 (Full ROM)
Inconsistent rest time

Planks
Haven't really tried to make tons of progress, but next time i want to definetely get over a minute for the first, and 45 seconds for the second one.... Then try to add around 5 seconds to the first one each workout.

Russian Twists
1st Workout- 20, 20, 20 (10 pound weight)
10th Workout- 20, 20, 20 (25 pound weight)

I actually like the russian twists. I like to do twist-plank-twist-plank-twist.

Would adding lunges DB Lunges to either workout be too much? If anything, i would probably add it to my A Day because i can do it right before/after calf raises. If i were to add it to B Day, i think i would have a few too many exercises.

Adding it to A Day might be pretty taxing too, but what would you guys think? I wouldn't mind taking out an exercise to add the lunges

My current routine is

Day A:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
3x5 Deadlift
3x10 Dips
3x12 calf raises

Day B:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Rows
3x failure chinups (i can't do many yet)
3x20 russian twists (with 25 pound weight)
Planks 2x failure

hmm i guess i will make some goals for what i want to achieve by my 20th workout.

Squat- 200 pounds (i don't want to get too high too fast)
Deadlift- 200 pounds (i don't know how much i am at now because i fixed my form, but i might want to increase this number a bit more)
Bench Press- 135x5
Dips- (no idea, i will have to see how i progress during bench but after my bench press i am usually damn tired to do a lot of dips)
Calf Raises- After my 15th workout, i will make it 3x20.

Clean/Jerk- 110x5... this is without any failing and being able to really do it. 95 is real hard for me right now, i think i can get to 115, 120 at the most but 110 is the minimum i will take.
Rows- 115x5- minimum like the clean/jerk
Chinups- i want to be able to do 8 on the first set.
Russian Twists- Same thing..
Planks- Well if i do it 5 workouts, and want to increase by 5 seconds per workout, i would say that on my first set i want to do about 1:25.

I do have finals coming up so i might be a little more inconsistent with lifting. However, after school i will be lifting and in July i am going to start training for soccer

today was funny as shit... i was kinda pissed in the beginning because there were 2 college kids doing deads at the squat rack. I went up to them while they were doing deads and asked if they would be done soon. They said they'd be done in 2-3 more sets, so i ended up benching and then waited for them to finish.

As i was going to the bench, 2 of my friends were there so i let them finish up a set and went in. Then, a kid with a serious stutter asked to bench, and i told him he can work in with me. I didn't know he was mentally retarded. I did a warmup set of 95x5, and then he tried to do it with 10s and he couldn't lift the bar off his chest so i got it up for him, and he used the bar. Then, i did 105x5 with no real difficulty. After that i ended up doing 115x3, becuase on the 3rd rep the kid kept talking to me and he told me he set the leg press record at 85 pounds. I know i sound like a complete prick now, but i ended up lauging so hard that i couldn't lift the weight up. My other friend kind of laughed at me and i ended up getting the weight back up.

I think i can bench 115x5 (second time benching), but it is kind of hard for me to balance the weight because of stability i guess.

Squat- Ok, so after benching i went back to the squat rack and saw them doing curls. They said they'd be done soon and save it for me, but they ended up doing 6 sets more for each of them!! I was pretty annoyed, and i just kind of talked to some friends who were there. I had to stop the kid i spotted for earlier from trying to leg press 750. When i finally got to squatting, a man there who i was talking to knows of a lifter (damn i forgot his name) at a nearby college who squatted 900 pounds 3 times ATG and told me besides him i was the best powerlifter he knew.. So i guess that meant my form was good on the 155, and for the 175 he said my form was good, but my back was just a little bit curved. Any good ways to fix this? I could handle the weight fine, but i think i am going to stick to 175 for the next 2 workouts, and maybe move up my warmup sets. As long as i am doing the lifts, i am satisfied. My dad is also skeptical about me lifting too much, and i don't want to be a bodybuilder or powerlifter or anything in the long run, it's just to get in shape for soccer.
Squat
95x5
135x5
155x5
175x5

Deadlift
95x5
135x5
155x5
165x5

Ok so i ended up doing fine up to 155... When i got to 155 i was still doing okay in terms of not dropping the weight. However, when i hit 165 it seemed one side would like slam to the ground before i could put the other on the ground. The 4th rep slammed pretty hard and people turned around and just stared at me lol. The 5th was the same but not as bad. I was in control for the most part on the way up, but when it went down i felt a little less in control, and the shit slammed. It felt pretty akward having tons of people look back at me, but i shook it off. The kid said my form was fine, except that i should use one hand with an open grip. An my legs should come down less (which he is correct about).

Would it make less noise if i avoided using the 45s and used 25s with some 10s instead? The 45s feel like a better range of motion, but i FUCKIN HATE having them slam. My grip seemed to kind of slip.. anyway to fix this besides chalk or gloves?

I think i am going to go to 145 next workout, and then slowly work up in 5 pound intervals. I am making advances in my other lifts, and i just want to make sure my deadlift grip is okay and i am not dropping the weights. I will surpass 200 before the end of July, so i am not too disapointed. (it won't lag behind too much, and i play soccer and want my squat to be my best lift). I have to improve my grip though.

Dips... My arms weren't too tired to be honest (i should have gone harder on bench), and i ended up doing 8, 8, 6. I am 100% doing them weighted next time.

Calf Raises, 3x15 as usual. Is using the machine for calf raises better?

just got home from a workout.... Squat was the same as last time.. i could have gone to 180 but i felt a little something in my leg while stretching so i left it the same and once i went down i didn't really feel it. Clean/Press was tough as usual but i didn't fail on the 5th rep this time. Rows were surprisingly hard compared to last time... I might have used the wrong form last time, but i don't remember. This time though i went up to my stomach, not chest. I even had to cheat a little to get it up, which pissed me off so i might just start from scratch on rows.. I'll see how my first set goes next time. My back feels sore as shit after doing clean/jerk and rows. Then i ended with some planks and russian twists.. planks were 1 minute and 48 seconds, twists were 3x20.. (might try for 4x20 next time or 3x25.). Chins on this thing i do them on are getting harder..

Oh, and the 2 douche bags who were there last time who said they would be done soon with deads, and right when they were done they went to curls........ well they came up to me while i was doing clean/press and i told them i had 3 sets of those/3 sets of rows and said they could work in, but they were too pissed to answer me at all and just fucking left. I kinda just smiled to myself. Anyways, my workout today was

Squat
95x5
135x5
155x5
175x5

Clean/Jerk
65x5
80x5
95x5 (i will go for 100 next time, but i am not so sure about grinding out 5 reps)

Rows
65x5
80x5
85x5

Chinups- 6, 4, 3

Planks
1 min
48 sec

Twists
3x20

Just got home from a long day... tried to teach my friend how to do all sorts of shit but his stupid personal trainer is using elastic bands with him, so he doesn't really believe me that about all the compound lifts and how they are better for you. Unbelievable what a fucking waste of money a PT is at the YMCA.

Squat
95x5
135x5
155x5
180x5

Bench Press
95x5
105x5
120x4

Deadlift (less weight for better form)
95x5
115x5
135x5
145x5

Dips (10 pound weight between my legs)

6, 7, 5

Calf Raises
3x15

Just got home from a long day... tried to teach my friend how to do all sorts of shit but his stupid personal trainer is using elastic bands with him, so he doesn't really believe me that about all the compound lifts and how they are better for you. Unbelievable what a fucking waste of money a PT is at the YMCA.

Squat
95x5
135x5
155x5
180x5

Bench Press
95x5
105x5
120x4

Deadlift (less weight for better form)
95x5
115x5
135x5
145x5

Dips (10 pound weight between my legs)

6, 7, 5

Calf Raises
3x15

dont let your friends traniing bother you! concentrate on yourself for now and make sure your always bigger than him! and everyone else in your classes at school for that matter!

dont let your friends traniing bother you! concentrate on yourself for now and make sure your always bigger than him! and everyone else in your classes at school for that matter!

I didn't... He is damn weak and has no shoulders so i was trying to teach him OH Press.. he thought i was a know-it-all and shit. I also showed him squats, which he hated. Oh well, he can either stick with me when he is back from vacation or go off with his PT w/ his elastic bands

i worked out 2 days ago and it sucked..... i was sick the day before, and i didn't have enough food in me to complete my workout.. I ended up doing (this felt fucking horrible)

Squat
95x5
135x5
155x4

Clean/Press (before squat, was working in with someone)
65x5
85x5
95x5

I don't think i used great form.. I am not positive on my clean, so i am going to switch to just press (how it is normally)

DB Rows (3 people at rack at the time)

40x5 (per arm)
40x5 (per arm)

awful workout

And of course my stupid ass decided to go to Burger King with some friends right after the 2 finals drained the shit out of me today. I had chicken fries w/ buffalo sauce (i am fucking brilliant aren't i).. I am going to go to the gym in about 35 minutes, and hopefully i will be able to complete my workout okay today.

EDIT: man i am so fucking mentally/physically tired... i am going to stretch for a while now and then make my way out the door

Top Bottom