Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working on a new routine

Bro if you want results you need to be putting everything into your workouts, be an animal. If I read that correctly, you did 1 work set of squats, a few sets of light deadlifts, 1 work set of clean and press, 1 set of plank, 1 set dips and then 3 sets chins...

Your workout was supposed to be
Squats 3x5
Clean + Press 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x5
Plank 2xfail
Russian Twist 3 sets
...or somthing like that?

Put everything into it bro make the time you spend in the gym count!

As for a friend who is very very overweight, no you cant get him into good shape in a month if your thinking of doing it naturally.

Squats, I agree with KoRiN. Stopping squats at parallel puts massive pressure on the knees, going ATG transfers that pressure to the hips which are much stronger and wont get injured like the knees will...

Bro if you want results you need to be putting everything into your workouts, be an animal. If I read that correctly, you did 1 work set of squats, a few sets of light deadlifts, 1 work set of clean and press, 1 set of plank, 1 set dips and then 3 sets chins...

Your workout was supposed to be
Squats 3x5
Clean + Press 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x5
Plank 2xfail
Russian Twist 3 sets
...or somthing like that?

Put everything into it bro make the time you spend in the gym count!

As for a friend who is very very overweight, no you cant get him into good shape in a month if your thinking of doing it naturally.

Squats, I agree with KoRiN. Stopping squats at parallel puts massive pressure on the knees, going ATG transfers that pressure to the hips which are much stronger and wont get injured like the knees will...

alright thanks... i do really want to add the lunges. I love squats, and know that they are the ultimate leg exercise, but my primary reason for training is soccer and i would love to get in some lunges. I have only had 8 workouts (i am also doing a chart on microsoft excell) so i don't think it would hurt too much to take out russian twists (which idk how good they really are) and add some lunges. Again, i don't know as much as you guys so i am open to anyone's opinion.

Do you think the rows are a bit much after the clean/press and squat? Last time i squatted, my legs shook like hell during the rows. Maybe do rows before squats?

What do you mean by 1 work set? If you mean like one set where i am really doing work, i felt the cleans at 80 a pretty decent amount, and i wanted to try 95 so i kept that lower. I think i can add more weight to my squats.. what do you think would be good to try for tomorrow? I think i am going to be going with the same kid, and if not i am going to go with someone else if he follows through. I will do BB Bench for the first time in a fucking long time, and i hope to get at least 115-125.

man i am fucking pissed off right now. i'll start out with my workout

Squat

95x5
125x5
145x5
165x5

Deadlift-- this was interesting. There was a man there who wanted to work in with me (he was probably in his mid-late 30s, early 40s, and he was really strong. I let him work in, and after my first set of deadlifts (95), he went in and did some squat lunges. I then did 125, and he told me my form was off. He had me arch my back more, and go up right after i went down. I felt it A LOT MORE with A LOT less weight. I ended up doing something like;

95x5
125x5
125x5
125x7
135x5

Again, he was helping me with my form, and i still did this pretty easily. I wasn't so sure if it was good to go right up right after i went down, because it is called the "dead" lift. However, i felt this a lot more.

Bench Press-- There were 2 people working in with me, and one of them (a friend of a friend) had to leave really soon, so i let him do his 3 sets pretty quickly. This is the first time i ever benched, and there was another man there who helped me out. I started out with 95x7, and felt like i could definitely do more weight.

Then i did 105x8, and 105x10... The man spotting me kind of helped me through it by making sure the bar was stable when it hit my chest (i wanted to tell him to stop but he was being really nice and i didn't want to), but i still did pretty much all of the work. I know i should have done less weight for more reps, but he said since it was my first time not to go above 105.

so bench was
95x7
105x8
105x10

By the time i hit dips, i really felt it in my chest.. I am kind of starting to think i should do dips as a "reinforcer" of the whole workout, because at the end of my workout i can't get in as many dips as i can when i am not sore. I did 8, 5, 5, and really fucking struggled on these because i was so sore from earlier in my workout.

Then, i did my 3x15 calf raises.

Here is my fucking rant... sorry i am going to curse a lot because i am really fucking pissed. So today, it was pooring as shit outside, and i drove 3 of my friends home. I was going to the gym with one kid, so i took him back to his house to get his car, went inside so he could get changed and do some shit, then went to subway. As i was leaving subway, i tried calling my mom's cell and home number, but she didn't fucking answer so i called my brother. I told him to tell my mom i was at the gym (hadn't left yet) so she wouldn't get all pissed and shit, but no shit he forgot to tell her. This was at 3:54. So i got there at 4:02 and called her yet again and she didn't fucking answer. Then, i went inside and left my phone in the car by accident. I stayed at the gym for nearly fucking 90 minutes because of the amount of people that were there (i don't plan on doing this ever again). I got out, and saw fucking 11 missed calls and 6 new text messages. Who from but my mom and dad who needed me home? Now, i get home and find out i am grounded for 2 weeks.. No car, no nothing which = no gym unless one of my friends can take me. Now i explained the entire story to her, and she got all fucking pissed. Oh, and apparently i wasn't supposed to drive home the kid who i drove home becuase my parents don't like him (they told me not to drive with him, but never said he couldn't drive with me). So basically, my gym time for the next 2 weeks (and more if my parents keep being assholes) is down the drain. I can't really walk there, as it's kind of far and not worth the walk, but shit i am really mad right now. If i can't make a workout, i will do some intense bodyweight stuff.

How does someone work in with you on deadlifts when he is doing lunges?

lol... yeah we figured that out. I would do a set, move the bar like on the floor resting against the rack and he would step over it. then he would do his set, put the bar back and i would then do a set.

lol... yeah we figured that out. I would do a set, move the bar like on the floor resting against the rack and he would step over it. then he would do his set, put the bar back and i would then do a set.

Why do you feel the need to start from a hang? Its called a deadlift cuz it starts each rep as a dead weight on the floor...

It would solve alot of your problems of other people getting in the way too, and you dont have to walk back holding the weight

Why do you feel the need to start from a hang? Its called a deadlift cuz it starts each rep as a dead weight on the floor...

It would solve alot of your problems of other people getting in the way too, and you dont have to walk back holding the weight

sorry i kind of explained it wrong.. He told me to go up, and as i went down go right back up so i wasn't starting from a hang. Before this i did every rep "dead" and not as fast.

i wanted to make my 100th post a damn good one so here it is;

my dad told me to make sure i squatted 15 lbs less than my last workout, so i did (last time was 165)

Squat
95x5
125x5
150x5
170x5

Clean/Jerk- This one was really taking; I failed on the 5th rep for 95, but gained composure and toughed out one more.
65x5,
85x5,
95x5

Row- This was the 2nd time i had done BB Rows (2nd workout, but then i did clean/press only instead).. so i didn't want to do too much. I only really struggled with the last few reps, but it wasn't too much of a struggle. Next time i want to go for 95.

45x5
65x5
75x5
85x5

Plank- 55 seconds
Twist- 3x20 (25 lb weight)
Plank- 48 seconds

Near the middle of my last set of twists, i accidentally hit myself in the head with the weight (haha i know).. i thought there was a dab of blood, but i am okay. Pretty funny lol

Chins- 5,4,3,5 (i will rest some more in between next time, but i want 6 on my first).

I don't do the chins at the gym because the chinup bar they have there isn't like a bar.. there are two things you put your hands on. However, i think i will try it next time. Maybe it's better like that because right now, i feel like my left arm is doing a considerable amount more work than my right arm. My left bicep is stronger/bigger than my right, so i think this is happening.

Should i do chins at the beginning of the workout, because everytime i do them at the end, my arms are already tired and this is a bit after i get home.

Same goes for dips.. i want to do them weighted, but i can't even do 3x8 unweighted by the end of doing deads/bench/squat.

EDIT: My back is pretty sore right now.... do you think that clean/press AND BB Row is a bit much? I was thinking about switching to just OH Press but i love Clean/Press so much.

Last edited:
i wanted to make my 100th post a damn good one so here it is;

my dad told me to make sure i squatted 15 lbs less than my last workout, so i did (last time was 165)

Squat
95x5
125x5
150x5
170x5

Clean/Jerk- This one was really taking; I failed on the 5th rep for 95, but gained composure and toughed out one more.
65x5,
85x5,
95x5

Row- This was the 2nd time i had done BB Rows (2nd workout, but then i did clean/press only instead).. so i didn't want to do too much. I only really struggled with the last few reps, but it wasn't too much of a struggle. Next time i want to go for 95.

45x5
65x5
75x5
85x5

Plank- 55 seconds
Plank- 48 seconds

Near the middle of my last set of twists, i accidentally hit myself in the head with the weight (haha i know).. i thought there was a dab of blood, but i am okay. Pretty funny lol

Chins- 5,4,3,5 (i will rest some more in between next time, but i want 6 on my first).

I don't do the chins at the gym because the chinup bar they have there isn't like a bar.. there are two things you put your hands on. However, i think i will try it next time. Maybe it's better like that because right now, i feel like my left arm is doing a considerable amount more work than my right arm. My left bicep is stronger/bigger than my right, so i think this is happening.

Should i do chins at the beginning of the workout, because everytime i do them at the end, my arms are already tired and this is a bit after i get home.

Same goes for dips.. i want to do them weighted, but i can't even do 3x8 unweighted by the end of doing deads/bench/squat.

EDIT: My back is pretty sore right now.... do you think that clean/press AND BB Row is a bit much? I was thinking about switching to just OH Press but i love Clean/Press so much.

Aslong as your back muscles are sore not your back joints or muscles hurt then carry on, just means they got worked hard.

Drop the russian twists if you want no need for them really, you said you didnt enjoy them much anyway...

oh and with squats if you cant go any higher than 170 then just start adding more reps every workout, you need to be doing more poundage or reps than last workout so your body can conintually adapt and grow.

Top Bottom