Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working on a new routine

Yeah logs are great, you'll also get some help from other bro's on here, Im not that experienced with lifting, Im only 14. Maybe some other guys will suggest some stuff you could add or how to include lunges or whatever but my understanding was especially as a beginner, keep it simple and dont think about it too much!

alright sounds good :)

today i did

Squat
85x5
115x5
140x5
150x5

Deadlift

95x5
120x5
140x5
160x5

(so fucking spent from deads)

DB Bench
40x5
45x4 (gone at this point lol)
35x5 (easier)
45x2

Dips
1x5 (10 pound weight)
1x4 (10 pound weight)
1x7 (no weight)

Calf Raises
3x15

I would say keep using the 10 pound weight on dips but get somthing to attach it to you cuz when the weight gets heavier you wont be able to just hold it between your thighs. Build up to 8-10 reps with 10pounds extra weight then bump it up to 15lbs.

Why not do bb bench instead of db?

I would say keep using the 10 pound weight on dips but get somthing to attach it to you cuz when the weight gets heavier you wont be able to just hold it between your thighs. Build up to 8-10 reps with 10pounds extra weight then bump it up to 15lbs.

Why not do bb bench instead of db?

well i was thinking of asking that... i have heard that DB bench is better (helps stabilizer muscles and core) than BB bench..... also, the fact that i don't have a spotter doesn't help. I usually will ask someone for help if i need it with one of the big lifts (on form and such) but unless i know someone at the gym or have met them before i feel more comfortable doing DB bench (have never benched before besides a few times fucking around a long time ago, and i know they won't be mean or anything but it's more psychological). In July, i am going to help one of my friends with the major exercises, so by then i will be doing BB bench consistently. The next time i see someone i know at the gym, or the next time i go with a friend (damn they are inconsistent) i will do BB Bench if it's an A day.

Db bench is better for pure mass, yes but BB bench is better overall and better for a beginner IMO. You should be able to do your warmup sets on your own with no worry of spotting then just for your 3 work sets just ask someone in the gym to lift the weight off the rack for you, if you get stuck under the bar then they would lift it off, you dont really need them for anything else... Iv been pinned under a bar once and it wasnt that bar I just slid it down to my knees and sat up lol.

Db bench is better for pure mass, yes but BB bench is better overall and better for a beginner IMO. You should be able to do your warmup sets on your own with no worry of spotting then just for your 3 work sets just ask someone in the gym to lift the weight off the rack for you, if you get stuck under the bar then they would lift it off, you dont really need them for anything else... Iv been pinned under a bar once and it wasnt that bar I just slid it down to my knees and sat up lol.

hmm ok. i guess i will try to do more BB Bench than DB Bench, but if there are a lot of people squatting and people at the bench, i will normally do DB Bench to start and then if they aren't done (they should be soon) i ask if i can work in. Idk why but i feel like DB Bench is much more challenging than BB Bench and i get more out of it.

hmm ok. i guess i will try to do more BB Bench than DB Bench, but if there are a lot of people squatting and people at the bench, i will normally do DB Bench to start and then if they aren't done (they should be soon) i ask if i can work in. Idk why but i feel like DB Bench is much more challenging than BB Bench and i get more out of it.

What does people squatting have to do with you benching? Or do you mean you would bench in a power rack which is where people squat?

Just bench using a proper benchpress rack if thats what you mean bro, like I said get someone spot on your heavier sets

What does people squatting have to do with you benching? Or do you mean you would bench in a power rack which is where people squat?

Just bench using a proper benchpress rack if thats what you mean bro, like I said get someone spot on your heavier sets

noo i mean if there are people squatting, i usually like to bench first (DB) and then by then, they are usually done or on their last set so i get right in.

Yeah, i will use the bench press area (flat bench) when i bench lol.

i went with a friend today.... he is about 6'2, 165 pounds, and a basketball player and just getting back into lifting. When he lifted before, he didn't do any of the "right" stuff, and I think he did a bit much (a little less than me for squats, same as me for clean/press) today.

squatting i did...

85x5
115x5
135x5
155x5

however, with the 155 (last 3 reps) a trainer at the gym told me i was going way too low with my squats. My dad met him before and said he was a really intense marathon runner and realllly knows his shit. He was watching me, so when i did the last 3 reps i felt them, but i only went a little further down than 90 degrees, and he said it was perfect. Is this guy right, and the next time i see him there while i am squatting, what should i say if i go all the way down? I will feel weird actually going ATG with him there.

anyways, i taught my friend how to deadlift, so i did some of those with only about 95 pounds.

then i did clean/press..

75x5
80x5
95x5 (these i really had to grind out but i got them in, felt fucking awesome).

for planks i taught my friend how to do them, and ended up doing one for 58 seconds.

I showed him some dips, so i did about 8 of those

when i got home i did 3x failure chinups (forgot the twists.. no time for rows)

i made sure these were full range, and got in 4, 3, 3.. but they felt better than the 5, 4, 3, 3 i did last time because i went all the way down.

got home and my mom made an awesome protein shake with this soy powder (so many vitamins/lot of protein). was good as hell.

well i may have found myself a new workout partner.. hopefully he will be as consistent as i am trying to be, and will get big for basketball.

i can't fucking wait until school ends so i can start doing HIIT and some plyometrics for soccer. I am going to be helping out my friend who is very very overweight, but knows as much about soccer as anyone. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can help him start out? The heart is there, but i don't think he is too consistent and his physical limitations are also there. I want to get him into much better shape in about a month. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A marathon runner? Giving advice on weightlifting? WTF? Is it me or the world is going crazy.... Last time I checked marathon athletes didn't have thick muscular legs...

Top Bottom