Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working on a new routine

Ok sorry bro Iv been away.

Your routine is this?
Day A:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
3x5 Deadlift
3x10 Dips
3x12 calf raises

Day B:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Rows
3x failure chinups (i can't do many yet)
3x20 russian twists (with 10 pound weight)
Planks 2x failure

If you want clean and press in there I would say do it 3 sets of 5 and do it instead of military press.

Now why dont you go talk to the manager of the gym and ask him normally what times the amount of people in the gym is lowest, this way you can get your proper workout done, also this might sound stupid but why not change gym if you can, after all your workouts are suffering because of how busy it is.

Also, I think especially as a beginner barbell rows or even better pendlay rows would be better than the 1 arm rows but its your choice, they are all good, I guess you could change the rows for high pulls if you dont like them aswell, high pulls are great for explosive pulling from the floor and upper back strength, they burn your traps too, I would do 3x5 again but less rest inbetween sets use a lighter weight and do them kind of like a power move, low reps and really blast them out with no rest between reps just enough to let the weight settle on the ground. thats how I do them and I love them.

Have u added weight to your dips yet?

Ok sorry bro Iv been away.

Your routine is this?
Day A:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
3x5 Deadlift
3x10 Dips
3x12 calf raises

Day B:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Rows
3x failure chinups (i can't do many yet)
3x20 russian twists (with 10 pound weight)
Planks 2x failure

If you want clean and press in there I would say do it 3 sets of 5 and do it instead of military press.

Now why dont you go talk to the manager of the gym and ask him normally what times the amount of people in the gym is lowest, this way you can get your proper workout done, also this might sound stupid but why not change gym if you can, after all your workouts are suffering because of how busy it is.

Also, I think especially as a beginner barbell rows or even better pendlay rows would be better than the 1 arm rows but its your choice, they are all good, I guess you could change the rows for high pulls if you dont like them aswell, high pulls are great for explosive pulling from the floor and upper back strength, they burn your traps too, I would do 3x5 again but less rest inbetween sets use a lighter weight and do them kind of like a power move, low reps and really blast them out with no rest between reps just enough to let the weight settle on the ground. thats how I do them and I love them.

Have u added weight to your dips yet?

hey thx man... yeah that is a good idea.. asking the gym manager. i am not sure who the manager is, but i am friendly with one of the ladies at the front so i'll be sure to ask her on saturday. The reason i did the 1 arm rows was because there were too many people at the rack. what are high rows?

oh and also, i haven't added weight to the dips yet.. they are usually at the end of my workout, so i am somewhat fatigued when i get to them. However, i will try adding a 10 pound weight next time and see how many i can do.. even if i start low i'll work my way up. Do i just leave it in between my thighs?

hey thx man... yeah that is a good idea.. asking the gym manager. i am not sure who the manager is, but i am friendly with one of the ladies at the front so i'll be sure to ask her on saturday. The reason i did the 1 arm rows was because there were too many people at the rack. what are high rows?

oh and also, i haven't added weight to the dips yet.. they are usually at the end of my workout, so i am somewhat fatigued when i get to them. However, i will try adding a 10 pound weight next time and see how many i can do.. even if i start low i'll work my way up. Do i just leave it in between my thighs?

You dont need a rack to do barbell rows or pendlay rows you just need a little floor space. Give me a few mins Ill edit this post and put in a link to high pulls.

That needs to be your judgement about the dips, depending on how hard getting 8 reps with bodyweight is decide how much weight to add, 10lbs might be a bit much or you might be ok, aim to use a weight which means your reps go down to 5 or 6 then build up to 8-10 with it, then add that much weight again. Put a chain around your waist and loop the plate onto it or use a dip belt, if you dont have either of these you can try holding a small dumbell between your feet or just building up your reps with bodyweight until you can get a length of chain and some S hooks or a clip from a hardware store so that you can attach weight

EDIT: High Pulls >> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/HighPull.html

Last edited:
You dont need a rack to do barbell rows or pendlay rows you just need a little floor space. Give me a few mins Ill edit this post and put in a link to high pulls.

That needs to be your judgement about the dips, depending on how hard getting 8 reps with bodyweight is decide how much weight to add, 10lbs might be a bit much or you might be ok, aim to use a weight which means your reps go down to 5 or 6 then build up to 8-10 with it, then add that much weight again. Put a chain around your waist and loop the plate onto it or use a dip belt, if you dont have either of these you can try holding a small dumbell between your feet or just building up your reps with bodyweight until you can get a length of chain and some S hooks or a clip from a hardware store so that you can attach weight

EDIT: High Pulls >> High Pull

yeah you're right... i also saw someone do deadlifts without the rack (although it is annoying as shit to put on more weights.

so do you think that adding the clean and press for the rows/press would be okay? i love clean/press and the explosiveness. Or maybe i should leave the rows w/ the clean and press or would that be too much? As for the high pulls, i can't drop the weights at the gym without getting asked to not drop them. It is more of a "family gym" if you know what i mean by that. I will try just putting the 10 pound weight between my thighs next time.

I know that this is a horrible question and it shouldn't even be asked, mainly because i probably already know the answer. My arms are pretty uneven.. my left arm is much more defined all around while on my right arm, my shoulder is massive and everything else is smaller. I am noticing a little bit of growth on my biceps, but they are shaped a bit weird. Is it a bad thing to add in something like preacher curls/dumbbell curls/barbell curls? I feel like my biceps aren't being worked enough (i know sorry it's an awful question lol)

thx for the help bro

yeah you're right... i also saw someone do deadlifts without the rack (although it is annoying as shit to put on more weights.

so do you think that adding the clean and press for the rows/press would be okay? i love clean/press and the explosiveness. Or maybe i should leave the rows w/ the clean and press or would that be too much? As for the high pulls, i can't drop the weights at the gym without getting asked to not drop them. It is more of a "family gym" if you know what i mean by that. I will try just putting the 10 pound weight between my thighs next time.

I know that this is a horrible question and it shouldn't even be asked, mainly because i probably already know the answer. My arms are pretty uneven.. my left arm is much more defined all around while on my right arm, my shoulder is massive and everything else is smaller. I am noticing a little bit of growth on my biceps, but they are shaped a bit weird. Is it a bad thing to add in something like preacher curls/dumbbell curls/barbell curls? I feel like my biceps aren't being worked enough (i know sorry it's an awful question lol)

thx for the help bro

Ok high pulls you dont need to drop the weight, all that they are trying to get at is not to lower the weight down, just let it drop. I dont drop it to the floor either I just let it drop down to a hang then lay it onto the floor, if that makes sense. Only do these if you dont wana do rows for whatever reason, rows will help with middle back thickness but highpulls are more explosive power and upper back/traps.

If you put in clean and press then do your rows after that, keep the db rows if you like them, if you dont mind then try pendlay rows which Ill find you a video of in a minute...

Dont use a rack for deads either, when you start with the bar on the rack then walk back with it then it changes to a hang deadlift, these are not designed to create a dead weight. Just start pulling from the floor. This is a hang deadlift >> YouTube - Konstantinovs hang deadlift 370kg(815lb)-6 reps

About the biceps, I think you should just keep doing what your doing, change your chins to the underhand version and this will give you a good bicep pump, when you get good at these and can do 8-10 either add weight or change to chins with an overhand grip, a little wider than shoulder width, then progress to wide grip chins. Your biceps are worked with clean and press, rows and chins anyway, deads will help thicken your biceps and forearms too. After 8-10 weeks on this program then we'll start thinking about changing and then maybe add some bicep work. Although if your still making progress and adding weight to the bar each week then there is no need to change, just run this program till it no longer works and you stop making gains each week.

Do your barbell rows like this, as you can see he is bent over at 90 degrees and touches the weight to the floor each time, this is called a pendlay row. Barbell Bent-over Row

Ok high pulls you dont need to drop the weight, all that they are trying to get at is not to lower the weight down, just let it drop. I dont drop it to the floor either I just let it drop down to a hang then lay it onto the floor, if that makes sense. Only do these if you dont wana do rows for whatever reason, rows will help with middle back thickness but highpulls are more explosive power and upper back/traps.

If you put in clean and press then do your rows after that, keep the db rows if you like them, if you dont mind then try pendlay rows which Ill find you a video of in a minute...

Dont use a rack for deads either, when you start with the bar on the rack then walk back with it then it changes to a hang deadlift, these are not designed to create a dead weight. Just start pulling from the floor. This is a hang deadlift >> YouTube - Konstantinovs hang deadlift 370kg(815lb)-6 reps

About the biceps, I think you should just keep doing what your doing, change your chins to the underhand version and this will give you a good bicep pump, when you get good at these and can do 8-10 either add weight or change to chins with an overhand grip, a little wider than shoulder width, then progress to wide grip chins. Your biceps are worked with clean and press, rows and chins anyway, deads will help thicken your biceps and forearms too. After 8-10 weeks on this program then we'll start thinking about changing and then maybe add some bicep work. Although if your still making progress and adding weight to the bar each week then there is no need to change, just run this program till it no longer works and you stop making gains each week.

Do your barbell rows like this, as you can see he is bent over at 90 degrees and touches the weight to the floor each time, this is called a pendlay row. Barbell Bent-over Row

yeah i understand what you mean w/ the high pulls. i was thinking that myself and have actually seen someone do them.. but i don't mind doing the clean/press and then the rows.

i like the pendlay rows more than the DB ones.. the only reason i used the DB ones was because there were so many people by the rack (i now realize i don't need the rack for them). So i should just take a bar and add weight to it while on the floor if someone is using the rack? (and same for deads?)

as for the biceps, i did notice my biceps were kind of being worked, but i wasn't copmletely sure. i use a double overhand grip for the deads.

since i am training (not yet though) primarily for soccer, would it be okay to maybe take out russian twists and maybe planks add DB Lunges (3x10) to workout B?

yeah i understand what you mean w/ the high pulls. i was thinking that myself and have actually seen someone do them.. but i don't mind doing the clean/press and then the rows.

i like the pendlay rows more than the DB ones.. the only reason i used the DB ones was because there were so many people by the rack (i now realize i don't need the rack for them). So i should just take a bar and add weight to it while on the floor if someone is using the rack? (and same for deads?)

as for the biceps, i did notice my biceps were kind of being worked, but i wasn't copmletely sure. i use a double overhand grip for the deads.

since i am training (not yet though) primarily for soccer, would it be okay to maybe take out russian twists and maybe planks add DB Lunges (3x10) to workout B?

Use double overhand on deads as long as you can then switch to mixed grip. I meant use an underhand for your chins, that will pump your biceps up.

Yah deads and pendlays pull from the floor and start from the floor.

Keep the russian twists for now or get rid of them, dont add lunges just keep it as it is, a strong core will help with soccer anyway, add a set to planks maybe and drop the russian twists if you want but its your choice. Like I said when you fail on this routine and stop making progress then you can change it up and add lunges if you want

& yeah do clean and press then pendlay rows :)

ok thanks for everything man.. i'll keep my log up here and hopefully keep progressing.

i do use the underhand grip for the chins, and as for lunges, i feel like they might help my legs a bit more as i am primarily training for soccer (i know squats are the king of leg exercises).

once summer hits, i want to try HIIT, but i also want to do some plyometrics as i have heard that they are the best for developing fast-twitch muscle fibers

Yeah logs are great, you'll also get some help from other bro's on here, Im not that experienced with lifting, Im only 14. Maybe some other guys will suggest some stuff you could add or how to include lunges or whatever but my understanding was especially as a beginner, keep it simple and dont think about it too much!

Top Bottom