Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working on a new routine

Ah yes your dad may be a problem. I have the same... well kinda, Im 14 and my parents would prefer me to go to the gym to "stay in shape" and "keep fit" rather than get bigger... Girls are startin to say Im a bit big any much bigger and I wont look nice too.

Maybe you could buy somthing like starting strength 2 which is a book my mark rippetoe (which I am about to buy too) then you could read through it with him, show him a page about mark if you have to so your dad knows he is the real deal. You could say somthing to him like "well dad I've thought about what you said and I think maybe a good idea would be to buy a book about teenagers weightlifting, one of the worlds most famous strength coached called mark rippetoe has recently wrote a new one called starting strength, what about if I bought that and we looked through it together" That is the sort of thing I would to but ultimately, if your dads mind is set then there is not much you can do to change it. Chances are PT's wont give the best advice either. Only option would be to lie to your dad about the weights your lifting but lying to parents is a nasty business and I never to it, once they find out you lie about something chances are they'll doubt other things you tell them and suspect things. My mum used to think I was on dope when I was 13 lol

As for dips, if the problem is fatigue then you could always use a plate loaded dip machine or an assisted dip machine, if it hurts your arms then maybe your form is off. Is it pain or muscle fatigue?

the idea about the book is an awesome idea... if he decides to follow through with asking the personal trainer i will definitely have to bring up the idea about the book.

the thing that would be annoying about the dips is that i can already do 3x8 without any assistance lol. however, i might have to leave my ego at the door and just do them assisted. I couldn't really tell if it was pain or fatigue (i think it was fatigue, not 100% though). i just wanted to be safe and not do the dips because it's only my 4th workout and i don't want to overdo anything.

the idea about the book is an awesome idea... if he decides to follow through with asking the personal trainer i will definitely have to bring up the idea about the book.

the thing that would be annoying about the dips is that i can already do 3x8 without any assistance lol. however, i might have to leave my ego at the door and just do them assisted. I couldn't really tell if it was pain or fatigue (i think it was fatigue, not 100% though). i just wanted to be safe and not do the dips because it's only my 4th workout and i don't want to overdo anything.

Oh I meant assisted if you were to weak to be able to do 5 dips. Now you can do 8 start adding weight, add a 5 or 10lb weight plate or DB onto a chain around your waist and try and get 5 reps and then build up to 8. Then when you can do 8 add an extra 5lb and build up to 8 again and so on adding 5lb each time.

Aslong as it is muscle fatigue not joint pain you should be fine

k thx.. and what do you think about adding in cleans/press... if i got rid of rows and military press for cleans would that hurt my gains? or should i leave rows and just get rid of military press?

Clean and press are great! Buy those 2.5lbs plates and go with a 5lb increase per workout.

Clean and press are great! Buy those 2.5lbs plates and go with a 5lb increase per workout.

ok thanks... but how should i incorporate it with rippetoes Day B?

3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
3x5 Rows

get rid of the press/rows?? just the press/rows?

ok thanks... but how should i incorporate it with rippetoes Day B?

3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
3x5 Rows

get rid of the press/rows?? just the press/rows?

Aren't you supposed to have deadlifts on B days...................................

Aren't you supposed to have deadlifts on B days...................................

hmm that's not how i have it. I am leaving within the next hour-80 mins so if anyone wouldn't mind helping me out that'd be sweet..

litteraly the worst workout i have ever had in my life today..... here is how it went;

walk into the gym and see 45 people doing all sorts of shit (compared to the 8-10 i saw last time i worked out). there are 2 guys at the rack, and other people doing some of the weirdest shit i have ever seen. one person was fake swimming freestyle with dumbbells and told his friend it would help him swim. anyways, i got one of the 4 benches, and did rows.. i got 40 pounds for 5 reps each arm twice, and 45 pounds for the last one...

now i was determined to go to the rack and squat..... so i went and asked a guy if i could work in with him (he was doing leg raises while holding up 115 pounds). He was deaf, so i didn't really understand what he was saying (hearing aid), but he held up 1 for one more set, and i spotted him, shook his hand and he left. Finally i was ready to squat.. did 85x5, 115x5, and then i found out there were 4 people waiting for the fuckin rack.. i did one more of 135 (last weeks max, i was hoping to go to 145 this time) and just gave it to them because i didn't have time.

well by this point every single fucking thing was being used except for the dip/pullup place so i did 3x8 dips and struggled on my last few on the dips.. that felt good.

so i decided to do planks, which reminds me i only did one set for about 40 seconds, and i did 3x20 russian twists with a 25 pound weight.

i just did some pushups with these weird things that let you go really deep, just because i felt like i needed something else to make me feel somewhat fatigued.

this was the only time of the day i could go, and it is by far the worst time (i thought there would be less people because it was fucking pooring outside).

anyways, i am sure you're all bored after reading my rant, but has anyone else ever had a similar experience? today i had to go to get my dads car checked out, pick him up from the bus stop and run errands with him (he never makes me do this but it was urgent), go home and eat a quick dinner, go to a tutor for the SATs which im taking in june, and then after i got home i had a granola bar/bannana and chugged a water bottle and left for the gym 15 mins later. just got home at 9 o fucking clock, burnt out as shit...

thursday i have the same tutor again but this time at 7 so i gotta go at 4:30. (reminder to myself)

EDIT: does anyone mind changing this thread to::: JDid23's training log

would be awesome! thanks

Last edited:
great workout.... there were 2 guys squatting so i started off with..

40x5 DB bench
40x5 DB bench
45x5 DB bench

(next time i'll hopefully only do 1 set of 40)

Squat

85x5
115x5
135x5
145x5

Clean/Press (same as last time, but better form.. a guy at the gym helped me out)

65x5
75x5
85x5

Chinups- 5,4,4,3

after my squats i was sweating my mother fucking ass off..... and after the cleans-- forget that shit

Last edited:
Top Bottom