Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working body parts 3 times a week??

getbigagain

I have doing a basic push/legs/pull routine with some gains but have read an awful lot about doing half of body one day for 6 times a week with doing each part 3 times a week. My intensity is so high I get about 1 hour workouts and I am totaly wiped for up to 5 hours. These shorter workouts sound good, anyone know about them? I think bodybyfinaplix raves about them. I am doing a ckd bulk on 4800 calories and a 2 hour carb up wed. and a huge carb up from Friday night to Saturday night.

6 foot
192 pounds
14% bf

Arnold and almost all bb's from the 60-70's area did those type of workouts. The 2-5 hours in the gym part is often exaggerated though. Many people say they say Arnold spend no more than 45-60mins in the gym in the morning, and then again at night. And that was supposedly precontest only. Off season, he supposedly trained 6 days a week, but just once a day. Remember they did little to no cardio back then, and used intense marathon sessions to help burn off the fat. Many say he was too busy chasing girls on venice than to spend 3-5 hours in the gym as many have claimed.

Now with that being said, you may be wondering what my point to all of that way? We'll some will say stuff like that would never work for you, not in a million years. But recently a lot of those same guru's claim that hitting the body 2, even 3 times a week is the correct way. Hhmmm maybe Arnold and the gang really did know what they were talking about.

Give it a try, and see how it goes. If I were you i would pair chest/shoulders/tris on one day, back/bi's another, then legs then start it over again. This would help with any overlap. Keep the volume low. Try to make it a cycle. Build fatigue over a course of a few weeks, or even months, and then have a week or two of rest. Almost as if looking at your workout in terms of weeks, instead of day to day fatigue. Good luck.

Top Bottom