Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working around injuries or take off

butlerman44

Is it better to take time off to heal or work around the injuries. I heard that if you are still working it can promote healing faster. Any truth to that ?

Yes, you will train on rehab with your physical therapist, this professional will tell you what to do and when. For example if you have a pectoral injury, you can still train your lower body, but the upper body you gonna train with your physical therapist.

Remember there's a BIG difference from an out and out injury vs a light strain etc. I've been as guilty as the next person of doing stupid sh*t in the gym and getting twinges. We can and should change what we do if we have bad habits and do rehab too. Plus look to strengthen weaknesses.

Proper injuries require time off and rehab.

The science your referring to has to do with retention of muscle tissue (which you will get back) and working one limb (say a left arm) and engaging muscle fibres in the other arm without it being worked.

when you are younger you can get away with pounding through an injury

but as you get older it doesn't work that way.

if i am wrong then why do pro athletes who get major injuries at 23 make it back but one that has the same injury at 38 end up retiring? hmmm.. yes age makes a difference

however in the same token those nagging injuries in your 20s will come back to bite you as you get into your 30's and 40's.

Being completely inactive is never good. The first thing a surgeon will do is encourage you to get up and walk around as soon as possible.

You wouldn't want to do anything strenuous but you certainly want to get the blood flowing

Top Bottom