Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Work out suggestions for some on 12 hr shifts

i_am_canadian

I work rotating 12 hour shifts, I am finding that on the days I work, I can not get the energy to go to the gym. Can anyone suggest a good work out routine for someone who has 2 days off one week, and 5 days off the next?
I want to keep the enthusiasem I have had about getting into tip top shape, but trying to workout no days I work, is starting to push me away from it, it is just too darn exhausting.

Hi, about a month ago I worked a landscaping job. I didn't do it very often but it kept me out of energy. They told me I would be sore but I never was, just drained of energy. Anyways, what I would do, if you say you have 2 days one week and 5 the next, is to do the big 3 on those 2 days. Then on the 5 day week do a 5 day split with mainly isolation exercises. For example

Lets say your two free days are monday and wednesdsay. Do this:

Monday a.m. Deadlift Monday p.m. Squat

Wednesday Bench press

5 day week:
5 day split that consists of mainly isolation exercises (since you've already done compound).

I would say do few sets and reps with the big 3, and do whatever you normally do with the rest.

If anyone thinks this is not good then you maybe right, I just pulled it out of my ass and it sounds good.

Top Bottom