Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Woman question: Bench press, boobs, and gaining weight...

cwc73

Well, I'm talking to a girl right now who is pretty thin. She is probably 15% bf which is really low for women. She ran track and X-C in high school, so use your imagination. I really like this girl, and she really seems to like me. She is home for the summer right now, and I'm still in college town. Since I am a personal trainer at our school's gym, she want me to "train" her to put on some weight, and I told her I could put an Ass on her. So, enough, here are my questions.

I normally make women do benchpress or a variations in the programs I write for them, but what are the actual effects of doing bench/incline presses? I know that it is not going to burn the fat off of the boobs (Spot training), EDIT: IN CASE THIS IS NOT CLEAR FOR WHATEVER REASON,SPOT REDUCTION CAN NOT BE ACHIEVED but what exactly will happen to the area? Pictures would be nice.

Second, how do I tell her to go about putting on weight? I don't know if she is willing to count her calories. Also, I don't want anything I tell her to make her think that she is not beautiful because she really is. She is just on the
lean side.
Thanks in advance!

cwc73 said:
Well, I'm talking to a girl right now who is pretty thin. She is probably 15% bf which is really low for women. She ran track and X-C in high school, so use your imagination. I really like this girl, and she really seems to like me. She is home for the summer right now, and I'm still in college town. Since I am a personal trainer at our school's gym, she want me to "train" her to put on some weight, and I told her I could put an Ass on her. So, enough, here are my questions.

I normally make women do benchpress or a variations in the programs I write for them, but what are the actual effects of doing bench/incline presses? I know that it is not going to burn the fat off of the boobs (Spot training), but what exactly will happen to the area? Pictures would be nice.

Second, how do I tell her to go about putting on weight? I don't know if she is willing to count her calories. Also, I don't want anything I tell her to make her think that she is not beautiful because she really is. She is just on the
lean side.
Thanks in advance!

dude... you're a personal trainer and you still believe you can spot reduce???
bench pressing isn't going to reduce fat anywhere- thats what diet and cardio do. bench pressing will increase her pec (muscle) size, delts, triceps.
if she wants an ass- have her do squats, lunges, stiff leg deadlifts, and regular deadlifts and have her increase her calories cleanly- plenty of protein and complex carbs.

stilleto said:
dude... you're a personal trainer and you still believe you can spot reduce???
bench pressing isn't going to reduce fat anywhere- thats what diet and cardio do. bench pressing will increase her pec (muscle) size, delts, triceps.
if she wants an ass- have her do squats, lunges, stiff leg deadlifts, and regular deadlifts and have her increase her calories cleanly- plenty of protein and complex carbs.
she said he KNOWS it doesnt spot reduce so hes not worried about that, he just means what will it do in terms of looks to the area.

he knows it wont burn her boobs off, you misread

Ok, listen. If you read above, I said that I DONT believe in spot reduction Damn. I thought I made that clear. Other than that, those leg excercises are the ones I plan on her doing, but I'm concerned about putting a complete beginnier into those movements.

thank you sublime. you beat me to it. I did edit for more clarification. You must be an ok guy. I hope George doesn't ban you! hahaha just kidding bro.

cwc73 said:
Ok, listen. If you read above, I said that I DONT believe in spot reduction Damn. I thought I made that clear. Other than that, those leg excercises are the ones I plan on her doing, but I'm concerned about putting a complete beginnier into those movements.

don't be- just start her off with very light weight (dumbells instead of the bar) or no weight at all and watch her form.
have her work like that- with very little or no weight at all until she has it down and then start to increase slowly.

That is how I really want to do it because I know the benefits of doing squats/other compound lifts vs. isolation excercises. I just don't want her to be completely sore to the point where she is not going to want to continue lifting. She could really benefit from working out. She would look killer

You should check out the women's forum on here. I'm helping a hottie I met work out and there's plenty of good stuff in the stickies there. I esp. like the one that advocates 5 sets of 5 reps with challenging weights (NOT a 5x5 dual factor, just a simple training routine w/ basic movements).

Good luck with her and wish me the same!

Top Bottom