Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Will weight training stunt my growth?

Kvantasan

Hello! My name is Andy, and I am 17 years old. Ireally like lifting weights, and it works very well for me. There isone problem though – I am quite short in height, and I am afraidthat lifting weights could stunt my growth. How possible you thinkthis could be, and should I stop lifting while I am still growing?

I would say that no - weight training will not stunt your growth. You will just need to train properly, and this might in fact even help you grow in height, as a good musculature will reinforce your body. All in all, it will be a good thing for you to train from such a young age.

Weight training will not stunt growth. That is an old wives tales.

Weight training is actually one of the healthiest things you can do as a teenager.

What will stunt growth is stimulants. As a teenager, stay away from things like coffee, energy drinks, pre workouts etc.

Not at all. I think it is great that you are into lifting at 17. You will be able to learn how to lift and eat properly so you will really be able to grow and shape your body over the next bunch of years. I would recommend as the best advice to read as much as you can and really learn how to do this long term. Remember too that diet is the most important thing.

Top Bottom