Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

will this help me out?

smr91481

ok, here's my thing. i HATE running with a passion. i despise it. but, i'm coming to the conclusion that i've got to do it. i've lost about 15 lbs from just lifting 4 days a week and paying close attention to what i eat. but 15 lbs is just the beginning for me. right now i'm 5'8 225. not good. i want to be at like 180. i know that a.m. cardio on an empty stomach is best, but here's my question. if i lift in the a.m. on an empty stomach at a pretty quick pace as to keep my heart rate at a pretty high pace, could i just do about 20 minutes of jogging to top it off and that would be like doing 40-45 minutes of cardio. ( i usually lift 20-25 minutes when lifting alone). doing 15-20 minutes of running kills me when i'm fresh, but i think i can pump it out after lifting. i usually feel pretty damn good when i get through lifting. will this help me burn fat faster?? i'm also taking eca.

Last edited:
alright. since nobody answered me i'll just have to hope it works. this morning i woke up, popped 2 xenadrines and a 12.5mg tab of ephadrine for a little extra kick. (i'm jittery as a mother right now). well, i worked out my back today. did 12 sets w/ about 45 sec. rest in between sets and exercises. it took exactly 20 minutes. immediately after, i hit the road. i jogged for 15 minutes and walked for 5. that damn near killed me. it's not like my legs give out or anything, i just can't breath. i'm sitting her now eating a omelet w/ 2 pieces of bread and i'm lovin it. i'm sure my not being able to breathe is partly due to being around so much smoke since i was born. i don't smoke myself but EVERYBODY i know does. anyway, hopefully i'll be able to get better. but, back to the subject. if i do what i did today 3-4 times a week will that help out alot for burning fat. normally i just lift at a real slow pace 4 times a wk b/c i work out w/ 2 other people. so....how bout it???

For me, there's no better fat burner than running. It is such a better workout than anything else I tried. As far as when, I didn't do it anywhere near a weight training session cuz I was dieting pretty heavy. That would have taken too much energy so i split it up. Cardio a.m. and weights p.m. that way you can get your energy levels up. But everyone's different. If you feel you got the energy after weights, do it. It shouldn't matter.

Can you swim instead? Doing laps is a hell of a workout and isn't hard on your knees like running is.

Here's the deal... running is exceptionally hard on your legs/body. If the sole purpose of your cardio is to burn calories then the only thing you really need to focus on it elevating your heart rate. Work up to 45 - 60 mins at least 3 times a week and then do a minimum of 30 mins on the other 2 days.

I lost 35 lbs in 3 months from doing 60 mins of cardio 6 days a week before breakfast and I wasn't training or dieting.

If you want to do cardio and don't have access to a bike or swimming then walk at a brisk pace. If you have access to a treadmill try 3.0 - 3.5 mph at a 3% incline. Don't have a treadmill, just tackle the nearest hill in your neighboorhood and keep your heartrate elevated. Good luck.

Digital Ronin said:
Here's the deal... running is exceptionally hard on your legs/body. If the sole purpose of your cardio is to burn calories then the only thing you really need to focus on it elevating your heart rate. Work up to 45 - 60 mins at least 3 times a week and then do a minimum of 30 mins on the other 2 days.

I lost 35 lbs in 3 months from doing 60 mins of cardio 6 days a week before breakfast and I wasn't training or dieting.

If you want to do cardio and don't have access to a bike or swimming then walk at a brisk pace. If you have access to a treadmill try 3.0 - 3.5 mph at a 3% incline. Don't have a treadmill, just tackle the nearest hill in your neighboorhood and keep your heartrate elevated. Good luck.

thanks alot bro, that helps alot

I do 2 minute rounds on my punching bag, works well, builds good stamina, and relieves any anger or stress I may have.

The only true way to know what your doing is to use a heart rate moniter.
If you use the one that you can set your zone and moniter how long you were in the zone you will answer your own question.

You need to be between 70% to 80% mhr (everyone has thier own opnion)

for at least 40min to get good fast results

Rollerblade,bike,swim,vollyball,hoops

lots of things to do for CARDIO
not only running

Top Bottom