Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wider Grip on bench - me getting more than 200 soon

Deciever1

I've been fooling with my bench grip lately and i brought it out about an inch or two .

My old best was a hard faught 195 x1 with a narrow grip (pinkies inside power ring)

now tonight, i wasnt even feeling that strong, and didnt do great on my reps ( got 165 x 4 , pause on 4th rep, where as last week i got 175 x 4) but i wound up with 195 for a solid(but slow) single.

I think within a few weeks, i should finally be breaking that long standing,no good, 200 mental barrier.

im not even going to attempt 200.. im going to 205...
i dont care if i do it shirted , un shirted , in a meet or out of a meet, as long as 200+ goes up and i lock it out, i will be estatic

if you got 195 on a shitty day..200+ is yours man. smash it up

i, on the other hand, am about 50 pounds under my goal of 300 by january 1st..i need to bust ass

i've been capable of getting 200 in a shirt for a few months or so, just never shirted up... so now i should be able to do it raw.. i hope. but i dont care, i just want it to fly.

I hit 430 using an index finger on the outer rings.......but I was not getting any lat help either

yep.....the switch form bb'ing approach to this one has caused strength to drop......for now

Deceiver,

I say definately go 205 , dont even bother with 200. If you go 205 there is no mental pressure on you, its more along the lines of a "just trying it for the hell of it rep" rather than 200 which is your focused goal and you would probably put alot of mental pressure on yourself for 200.

I remember way back when I was stuck at 295 praying day and night to get the big 300, I tried everything, week after week stuck at 295. Finally my friend loads the old 3 wheels on and 315 went up no prob because there was no pressure, when I went to bench it I said to myself "no way in hell am I lifting this, but I'll try it for fun" Then I never looked back.

Just my 2 pennies, but then again I'm the weakest bas*rd on this board.

Later hater,
natural-Mike

natural-mike said:
but then again I'm the weakest bas*rd on this board.

correction- im the weakest bastard on this board :)

yup, im gong for 205.. soon i think.. if i can lift next tuesday im trying on ray benemeritos old crain shirt from when he was little, to see how it fits.

its really not possible for me to go for 200.. wher ei'll be attempting this, the NJ team frowns upon using 2.5 lb plates unless its absolutely, totally necessary, like for a big record or something.

Top Bottom