Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whyis it called the Husafell Stone?

I am not totally sure whether is is named after a person or the area it's from. Most likely it is a person like the McGlashin and Inverness stones.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I thought there was some legend/myth about a Stone in Husafell, Iceland? Then the name kind of followed from the huge-ass natural rocks that lifters pick up.

Something about a guy carrying this massive stone around a sheep pen 3 times to defeat evil, or get some power?

Or maybe it was just a quest a strength or something. Google isn't helping @ the moment.

Dunno, think I remembered incorrectly from this:
http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1358

"Steve confronts a new challenge in Kviahellan: The Pen Slab, that of lifting the original 418-lb. Husafell Stone in Iceland and carrying it around the goat pen, to achieve "fullsterkur" (full-strong) status.
Then you board the plane with Steve for the remote, windswept fields of Iceland wherein sits the Husafell Stone, still guarding the goat pen built by pastor Snorri Bjornsson over two hundred years go."

Its real, no myth, I have touched it and tried to hoist the fucker myself. No success.

Its named after an area/town in Iceland called Husafell, been there many times. Its beautiful.

ChefWide said:
Its real, no myth, I have touched it and tried to hoist the fucker myself. No success.

Its named after an area/town in Iceland called Husafell, been there many times. Its beautiful.

I was thinking it was the area, but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks Chef, and someday I too shall attempt it's greatness.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
I was thinking it was the area, but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks Chef, and someday I too shall attempt it's greatness.

Cheers,
Scotsman

We will time THAT trip together, my man.. next summer is prime. You know you have a room and a cook, so plan on it.

ChefWide said:
We will time THAT trip together, my man.. next summer is prime. You know you have a room and a cook, so plan on it.

Scotsman begins planning Iceland trip. Check
Acknowledgement of thanks for offer in advance. Check
Training to pick up that big bastard. ??????

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom