Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why you should be strong.

kingkrs

"A man who doesn't exercise will have a weak body, a sluggish mind, weak will and will lack energy. He can hardly hope to succeed in the the times that we are experiencing and can expect to continue to an uncertain time in the future. And the man that lives right and exercises right not only obtains tremendously powerful muscles that obey his every command but his internal organs perform their duties perfectly. He also obtains a thorough mastery of his will and an easy and contented mind.

This frequent employment of one's will power makes it possible to control the body and to easily perform feats that otherwise would be difficult or impossible. This type of man becomes independent and self-reliant. He will never be a coward and when real danger threatens, he is the one that others look to and depend upon.

When a man is strong he has a real mastery over himself. This strength breeds energy and courage, helps to meet with success the more difficult problems and tasks of life. Results in true contentment and enjoyment of living. Who would want to be inactive and weak when proper physical training benefits so greatly?"

-Bob Hoffman-

I had gotten this off another site and thought you all might agree and relate to this as I did.

Keep training and stay motivated!

Honestly, stuff like that makes me gag now. It's too pseudo-motivational and just seems like they're trying to sound some what prophetic (that's a word now, if it wasn't before). I understand the premise, I agree to some extent, but I can't read shit like that any more. I find my own drive anyway.

Anthrax Invasion said:
Honestly, stuff like that makes me gag now. It's too pseudo-motivational and just seems like they're trying to sound some what prophetic (that's a word now, if it wasn't before). I understand the premise, I agree to some extent, but I can't read shit like that any more. I find my own drive anyway.
Keep in mind this was written in the thirties. A time when it wasn't common to be strong, or be a bodybuilder for that matter.

Anthrax Invasion said:

Sounds like someones back on a post bashing rampage... :chomp:

I think I smarter than you so I shit on all your posts...

Get a life bitch!!!

Chambewy20 said:
Sounds like someones back on a post bashing rampage... :chomp:

I think I smarter than you so I shit on all your posts...

Get a life bitch!!!

:FRlol: Shut up. :rolleyes:

i dont see anything lame about it at all... this should be on the homepage for Elite Fitness... out mission statement!!!
our society is so fat and overweight and "weak" (minded too)... that is what makes me gag, is seeing people feed their kids McD's 3 times a day 7 days a week (yes I realy know people who do that!)
K for post!!!

kingkrs said:
Keep in mind this was written in the thirties. A time when it wasn't common to be strong, or be a bodybuilder for that matter.

Nah, that's cool, just not my thing. Motivational stuff is very generic, so it never hits home with me. As I said, I agree with some of the stuff in that, but the choice of words is going out of the way. I can just say "strength is good". Enough for me. 'cause then I can follow the chain of strength, courage, pride, confidence, money, power, fame, sex, drugs, rock and roll or wherever it'll take you. :p

kingkrs said:

"A man who doesn't exercise will have a weak body, a sluggish mind, weak will and will lack energy. He can hardly hope to succeed in the the times that we are experiencing and can expect to continue to an uncertain time in the future. And the man that lives right and exercises right not only obtains tremendously powerful muscles that obey his every command but his internal organs perform their duties perfectly. He also obtains a thorough mastery of his will and an easy and contented mind.

This frequent employment of one's will power makes it possible to control the body and to easily perform feats that otherwise would be difficult or impossible. This type of man becomes independent and self-reliant. He will never be a coward and when real danger threatens, he is the one that others look to and depend upon.

When a man is strong he has a real mastery over himself. This strength breeds energy and courage, helps to meet with success the more difficult problems and tasks of life. Results in true contentment and enjoyment of living. Who would want to be inactive and weak when proper physical training benefits so greatly?"

-Bob Hoffman-

I had gotten this off another site and thought you all might agree and relate to this as I did.

Keep training and stay motivated!

The whole quote honestly is a total joke. I've been working out for years and am mighty strong but sometimes I think that "we" need to get overourselves and get off our pedestals. Working out doesn't make us better or stronger (at least not mentally or emotionally stronger) then anyone else no more then money makes another person better or stronger. I mean we work out to look good and feel good. End of story. I mean look at this bullshit quite "He also obtains a thorough mastery of his will and an easy and contented mind.". You think this applies to most bodybuilders? What about all the substance abusers in the bodybuilding industry? I mean the whole thing is filled with total bullshit quotes...Here's another one "This strength breeds energy and courage, helps to meet with success the more difficult problems and tasks of life".

Top Bottom