Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why you need to use hands on squats?

Conareefe

When you are doing squats without the bar, I notice many people will do a lot of different things, like keeping the arms stretched out in front, or moving them while doing those squats, or just hold some weight close to them – is there any difference?

If you are doing squats, the arms position won't change much in the situation. I think that people mostly do that in order to employ the arms as well while doing the legs. To say so, use their time more effectively. But I am not sure how holding your arms differently can affect the way you bend your legs...

People do weird things. I don't know why people hold their arms in weird ways when doing bodyweight squats either. Maybe for balance?

If you are going to do something with your arms, I would hold a broomstick of your head with both arms fully extended. That will increase the amount of balance and core work you get from the squat workout. It will also force you to keep your head up and chest out. That ensures you are doing the squats with proper form.

Top Bottom