Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why are my arms not getting bigger or at least sore from lifting

Halvie

Hello all Iam 18 and have been lifting for about 4 years. My arms have never really been that big and Iam trying to change that. I have been doing a ton of arm stuff latly and I cant even feel it in my bies and tris after lifting. It is really anoying. This is what I do for my arms. alternating dumbell curs 4x10 60 pound dumbells 4x15 50s and 3x35 30 pounds. Concentration curls 4x15 40 pounds and seated alternating curls 4x15 with 50s. This is all I can do at the moment cause my car is broke and I dont have transpertation to the gym now. What the hell is wrong with me that Iam not even getting sore. What can I do to increase my arm size? Iam looking to go naturally cause I dont have money for supplements. Thanks for the help.

It could be that you are using too heavy a weight in your exercises. If you want to really get your arms sore pick a lighter weight and concentrate really hard on not cheating.

This is what I have noticed myself, using really heavy weigths for Bicep exercises I tend to swing too much and my shoulders end up doing most of the work. So I don't get sore biceps.

But when I drop the weight to a much lighter weight and really concentrate on just using my bicep to lift the weight I can get a real burning pump in the arm.

Try it and don't worry about lifting lighter weigths, it's not as if you can carry a set of 60 lb dumbells with you everywhere you go, saying look at me I can curl 60 lb dumbells. But big arms you can take with you everywhere.

Even Arnold used to pump his arms using 45 lb dumbells.

hmm ill say drop your reps to the 6-8 range and only train them once a week! 35 reps????? thats not gonna build size big arms move big weight !!!!

Big Guns

Hi Bro!!

I think your problem may be incorrect form, reduce your weight and concentrate on good contraction,, do 9 sets for bis and 9 for tris on separate days. I train 5 days a week for only 30 mins and do only 1 bodypart...

stay hungry

R;)

I use to just use lighter weight like 30 and 40 pound dumbells but I have been told by alot of weight lifters that I should use heavier weight and less reps. I can feel it a little more with the heavier weight but not as much as I would like. Any more Ideas. Thanks for the help

Use low reps at a maximum of 8.
Lower your weight and concentrate.
Do the tricep work the same.
Also make sure and lock out your wrists so you can isolate the biceps instead of using forearms.:cool:

Use heavy weights, 4 sets of 6 reps. Make sure you are not cheating your reps, by either doing concentration curls seated at a flat bench or use the preacher bench, curling one arm at a time. Proper form is everything when it comes to developing the biceps....without it they will never grow. It is almost impossible to cheat at seated concentration curls, so if you aren't curling that way you should start.

Top Bottom