Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why don't my arms grow?

vyrex

I'm 16 years old, 5' 7", and about 165 pounds right now. My chest is about 41", my waist is about 28", while my arms are only about 13". Right now, I've been bulking up and my entire body seems to get bigger except my arms. I can deadlift 315, squat 290, and bench 220. I focus on compound movements for my arms like barbell curls, lying tricep extensions, and dips, and I keep my reps between 4 and 6. My arms just don't seem to grow at all.:confused:

how many times do you do your arms??? you may be over training them....btw try using heavy weights, its working for me so far.....

i went went from lifting 12 pounders last year to 56 pounders this year and have seen the results.
err..not directly from 12's to 56'ers!!

how many times do you do your arms??? you may be over training them....btw try using heavy weights, its working for me so far.....

i went went from lifting 12 pounders last year to 56 pounders this year and have seen the results.
err..not directly from 12's to 56'ers!!

TIME. Time is your limiting factor. My arms were small for the first several years of training. Now..they are a hair bigger than 19...not bad...but I don't work my biceps either.

B True

Just be patient bro. Your lifting some awesome weights for your age man! The arms will come! Try training them with higher reps - like 10-15.

Those stats are fucked, everything makes sense except for the arms. Are your lifts legit with free weights? There is no need to lie on the internet. 220lbs isn't a common weight to to bench. The bar would have to have 5 different size plates on each side.

1 45lbs plate
1 25lbs plate
1 10lbs plate
1 5lbs plate
1 2.5lbs plate

This whole thing doesn't add up. I can't see a kid with 13 inch pipes doing any of these lifts. a 290lbs squat is also another unusual weight to lift. Time to fess up buddy,

-Ingram

P.S. Sorry for being harsh Bro, but I think there is either some lies in your lifts or your arms are bigger than 13".

Ingram is right, I doubt you could bench 220 with 13 inch arms, plus 220 is an ODD weight.

Although I'll admit, I'll do some odd weights cause the way I add plates. For squat I like to start out with 45's on the bar, then add 35's, 25's, 10's, 5's, and finally 2 1/2's on the final set. I think it comes out to 290, which is a VERY odd weight. But it looks cool on the bar (like a pyramid) and its been working great for my legs

It is possible...I used to have an extremely high squat and dead when I was very small.

Keep asking questions here. I don't care even if you did exaggerate (sp) your stats...ask questions. Everyone here is willing to help.

B True

Ingram said:
220lbs isn't a common weight to to bench. The bar would have to have 5 different size plates on each side.

Not if he is counting the bar as 40lbs instead of 45. I have seen this where some bars are 40lbs and then 45lbs when you include the collars.

Right now I train my biceps once a week on chest day and my triceps once a week with my shoulders. All the weights I listed are the most I have ever done for a single rep with free weights, and I didn't lie about them. I actually use a 35 instead of a 25 and 10:D. I can't measure my arms perfectly, but they might be more around 13.25" flexed, not pumped. I'm leaving for vacation today, but I might post a pic when I get back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom