Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do you powerlift? What is the point of strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Why do you powerlift? What is the point of strength?

Ok lets try again......

'Wowowo hold it pal.'

Ok I am listening.

'I didnt say that ALL powerlifters are out of shape. Sure there are great in shape powerlifters out there, but for every genetic freak there are 10 out of shape pls.'

Ok now go to a powerlifting competition and prove yourself wrong!! You keep making statements that you refuse to back up with evidence. Only one in ten powerlifters is in shape?? And these guys are genetic freaks?? What criteria are you using exactly??

'I seen some major world record brake (some brent guy i think, squates 1055 or so pounds), that guy was FAT and I mean it. His facial style was pretty weird too. If it wasnt a meet and his squat,
you couldmnt tell that he even lifts weights. He looked like an alcoholic, not to make fun of him or his lift - but thats mine opinion and (99% of all other people's opinion). '

Admittedly people in the upper weight classes are prepared to carry more weight- it helps them lift more and why should they care if they dont have a weight limit to hit?? But, not everybody lifts in the top weight classes!! Is that fact lost on you?? You saw ONE guy lift!! Is this the total population from which you draw your conclusions??

SSAlexSS said:

I know about muscle under fat. But what about 99% of people out there who dont work out? They see the fat face, fat gut and "big" extremeties, and they do assume that you are just fat.

I mean there has to be some other deeper reason than just "i want to bench 600 pounds and iwn that 5 dollar trophy".

Yeh the question is a bit complex. What you are all saying is "powerlifting is mine sport because it makes me happy and I like to compete kind thing". Nothing wrong with that except it is kinda shallow.

Anyways this topic is getting out of hand.

You are still assuming that only 'fat' guys can be classed as powerlifters!! You really shouldn't talk down to people when you are struggling with such a simple concept.

BTW ever seen Lee Priest in the off-season?? How about Mr. Coleman?? They are real bodybuilders who bulk up alot......I suspect that you are nothing more than a wannabe bikini boy who is so insecure that he has to look good to boost his confidence.

My reasons for lifting are simple:
(i) I have spent much of my life doing physical work in order to get myself through university (twice!!). In those situations what matters is strength not looks.

(ii) I am totally secure with myself and the way I look. I don't need to build up a false image of strength to hide behind.

(iii) I just love pushing myself as hard as possible......I always try to improve in everything I do. Life would be boring if I didn't. Powerlifting allows me to do this.

(iv) I love the look on the insecure bikini boys faces when I outlift em whilst they are trying to show off to the girls. Or when the girls look at me when I walk into a club.

Ok so the last one isnt a reason for lifting......it is just a bonus. Didn't I read somewhere that you weigh 200lb or so.....and you think you curl 30-40lb? Whats the point of striving for this look of strength if you are weak as shit?? Lets see you justify your training. Why would you sacrifice functionality (which despite your opinion any human being recognises instantly) for looks?

solution to ASSalex:

below his post, click "profile"

at bottom of profile, click "add ASSalex to your ignore list"

Several questions for Alex:

1. Why do you post?

2. Why do you post here?

3. Why do you still exist?

I wondered about #'s 1 and 2 after reading your post. Then I actually went and read some of your posts on threads that you have started, and question number three occured to me.

Arioch said:
Several questions for Alex:

1. Why do you post?

2. Why do you post here?

3. Why do you still exist?

I wondered about #'s 1 and 2 after reading your post. Then I actually went and read some of your posts on threads that you have started, and question number three occured to me.

1. I post to learn. Most often all I learn is people's temper. Since people like to flame me, sometimes I just post to see all the flames.

2. I asked a geniune question. Yes I admit, I went overboard with characterisation of powerlifters physiques. But still I asked a valid question of WHY?

3. I exists because I am a sweet person. You know me only by my posts, you never met me. I behave differently on msg boards.
Are you threatening me?

WOW. My threads always get to top spots on the page and get the most views/replies!

Prometheus said:
solution to ASSalex:

below his post, click "profile"

at bottom of profile, click "add ASSalex to your ignore list"

Thank you very much for telling us all where you hold your hands in! I am sure people on this board will appreciate this.

"I am not conceited and you know, that type of person. No I am very modest and make sure I cover up
myself well wherever I go. I don’t body build primary for chicks, but that is a big bonus when I need to.
"Hey you [saying to the chick] feel mine twin peaks. After she feels em, I say. Hard eh? Can I feel your twin peaks??"

//LMAO......and that works?? It might work on a thirteen year old but nobody else.

Or being huge(muscular wise) would be a great job opportunity. Shave your head, grow a mustache and become a bouncer.

//And get your ass kicked the minute things kick off because you forgot to get strong.

When you reach high level you could go on the stage and kicks ass. I have lots of ideas for my posing routine.

//Uh ok whatever. Of course you are likely to be required to do old men certain 'favours' in order to pay your drug bill!! Do you have a problem with that?

As a powerlfiter what can you do?

//Lets see......be a real bouncer. Get real women. Top level security. Or of course you could do what everybody else does and get a degree and a well paying job because you dont spend every waking hour looking in a mirror or doing endless light sets in the gym.

Carry those kegs? I don’t think that that pays well. You cant be a personal trainer to majority of people,
heck I would pay my son to stay away from you. Hehehe.

//You must be afraid that your son might become a real man and kick your butt when he's only ten years old.

I am pissed off for my computer turning off and loosing all my hard work.

//Me too.......my puter at home has decided that it cant boot up.....so I had to come in to work again to finish off some paperwork.

Just thougth that I would post 2 pics of SSAlexSS...

b fold the truth said:
Just thougth that I would post 2 pics of SSAlexSS...

well atleast there is big progress from first to 2nd. Digging up old images, eh?

Unlike some of you I didnt start with 200 pounds of solid muscle. I actually have to train, correctly to get it.

And the 2nd one. These were found by another member and posted on the training board a few weeks back...

B True

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom