Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do you powerlift? What is the point of strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well right now I am not powerlifting or bodybuilding because of a back injury I am nursing back to normal but seeing as I have done both I will answer this question. I have won first place in the 165lbs weight class in powerlifting and I have won first place in the lightweight division in bodybuilding. This is not bragging just stating the facts. Ok which one did I get more satisfaction from???? The powerlifting. Have I ever had any sort of problem or injury induced from powerlifting, NO. Have I ever hurt myself doing bodybuilding exercises, YES. I have messed up my right bicep doing foolish amounts of curls that are not needed trying to get that peak. I have fucked up my front delt doing all of the cable crossovers and peck deck flys and shit. I have also hurt my shoulder doing fucking hammer strength shoulder presses. All of these were done in a bodybuilding training routine. I was using weights that were easily under strict form and control. When I switched to powerlifting and started doing heavy squats(505lb best), heavy deads(465lb best), and heavy benches(385lb best) did I ever hurt myself???? NO. Powerlifting injuries do happen, but so do bodybuilding injuries. I know more recreational lifters and bodybuilders that suffer from injuries than I do powerlifters. I am by no means doggin on bodybuilding or recreational weight lifters because right now I am basically lifting for the sheer enjoyment. I am just pointing out that no matter how you lift the fact that you are using weights leaves you open for injuries. NOW, as far as the looks, I look about the same off season bodybuilding as I do when I dont have a powerlifting meet any time soon. When I am in contest shape for bodybuilding I dont look near as good as I do when Im cutting weight for a powerlifting meet. Why is that? Powerlifting builds harder, more dense muscle that bodybuilding does. And to finally get to your question, the reason I like powerlifting(more than bodybuilding) is because of the feeling I get inside when competeing. Even if you bomb out and dont get a fucking single lift on the board you always know that you tried your hardest that day and you will live to train another day and at the next meet you will be better. Its the feeling of acomplishment and the feeling of competition, the rush, the butterflies in your stomach before a meet, the atmosphere of everyone rooting you on, the fucking pressure, what more do you want to hear??? I know that a lot these guys have been talking shit about people caring about looks, but I must admit I do care about how I look. No, I do not want to look like Ronnie Colman but yes I want to be cut up and have abs. And under normal circumstances I do, but I also have functional muscle as well as some of the pretty boy shit. My life is not powerlifting nor is my life centered around looking like a model. I have found a happy medium for me and thats all that matters. I could not care less of what you or anyone else thinks about me. All that matters to me is what I think of me and what my God and family thinks of me. And I will leave you on this note, if you think that it is more rewarding to pull the girls in because you look pretty then thats fine, BUT speaking for myself it means absolutely nothing in the whole sheme of life. I am not bragging but I guarantee that I have had more pussy then you have seen on television or the fucking internet and none of that is half as rewarding as weightlifting has been to me. That is about all I can say to you Alex. And I will never again answer one of your posts because your maturity level is about ground zero.

Powerlifting has no reward? Dude i am not going to insult you cause i know your part of the elite crew or someting and all you do is post shit! I heard your small and new to iron in general. You dont like powerlifting? Then fuckin dont do it! You like Bodybuilding so much then do it. Is it that hard? Becasue you have an opinion we have to hear it all the time.

I have a friend who trains in mygym , and used to train with us for a bit. He has done a few powerlifting meets and did pretty good too. He is 2 weeks out from a Bodybuilding show. And he is the favorite by far. His thickness was built through powerlifting. But you ask him he likes powerlfiting better and cant wait to start after the show. I cant speak for him but i can tell you why i would agree.

Powerlfitng your shooting for numbers. You wanna get strong. You leave the gym lifting 5 more lbs then the week before you are accomplishing something. You are every week in at least one movement. Bodybuilding you cant get that reward week in and week out. P{owerlifting keeps me enthused and hungry. In fact most Bodybuilders i see around my town or at the beach are not big at all. YOu read to many mags dude. Those are pro's. They do every drug ou tthere and not that theres nothing wrong with it (drugs) those guys are but a few. But the ones i see are not big at all. In fact if they do have decent mass they look liek powerlifters when there in their off season anyway. YOu think bodybuilders stay shredded all year every year? Ya kids in wife beaters who have 8 percent bodyfat and weigh 150lbs. Did i just describe you? Anyway i can say this then i am done.

YOu will never bench 600lbs. Fact. You will never squat over 700. Fact. You will never make it in any of the two sports. I have competed in my best lift (bench) at the highest level there is. When you get your IFBB pro Bodybuilding card and place, then and only then will you be my equall in your respective sport. YOu have never competed in any. So how can you back up a sport (or beauty padgeant whatever you call them things) and talk about it as you are a representitve and dis the sport we love?

Dont like it? Dont do it. Dont watch it. Dont talk about it. But dont pretend to be a bodybuilder, your just a newbie lifter who talks more shit and has no facts, no expereince, and no size at all. In fact from your dumb ass posts on the training forum its pretty clear you are a newbie to the sport. So good luck in finding which one your good at. Until then dont knock ours sport.

And please quit trying to sound so educated about lifting.

solidj55 said:
Well right now I am not powerlifting or bodybuilding because of a back injury I am nursing back to normal but seeing as I have done both I will answer this question. I have won first place in the 165lbs weight class in powerlifting and I have won first place in the lightweight division in bodybuilding. This is not bragging just stating the facts. Ok which one did I get more satisfaction from???? The powerlifting. Have I ever had any sort of problem or injury induced from powerlifting, NO. Have I ever hurt myself doing bodybuilding exercises, YES. I have messed up my right bicep doing foolish amounts of curls that are not needed trying to get that peak. I have fucked up my front delt doing all of the cable crossovers and peck deck flys and shit. I have also hurt my shoulder doing fucking hammer strength shoulder presses. All of these were done in a bodybuilding training routine. I was using weights that were easily under strict form and control. When I switched to powerlifting and started doing heavy squats(505lb best), heavy deads(465lb best), and heavy benches(385lb best) did I ever hurt myself???? NO. Powerlifting injuries do happen, but so do bodybuilding injuries. I know more recreational lifters and bodybuilders that suffer from injuries than I do powerlifters. I am by no means doggin on bodybuilding or recreational weight lifters because right now I am basically lifting for the sheer enjoyment. I am just pointing out that no matter how you lift the fact that you are using weights leaves you open for injuries. NOW, as far as the looks, I look about the same off season bodybuilding as I do when I dont have a powerlifting meet any time soon. When I am in contest shape for bodybuilding I dont look near as good as I do when Im cutting weight for a powerlifting meet. Why is that? Powerlifting builds harder, more dense muscle that bodybuilding does. And to finally get to your question, the reason I like powerlifting(more than bodybuilding) is because of the feeling I get inside when competeing. Even if you bomb out and dont get a fucking single lift on the board you always know that you tried your hardest that day and you will live to train another day and at the next meet you will be better. Its the feeling of acomplishment and the feeling of competition, the rush, the butterflies in your stomach before a meet, the atmosphere of everyone rooting you on, the fucking pressure, what more do you want to hear??? I know that a lot these guys have been talking shit about people caring about looks, but I must admit I do care about how I look. No, I do not want to look like Ronnie Colman but yes I want to be cut up and have abs. And under normal circumstances I do, but I also have functional muscle as well as some of the pretty boy shit. My life is not powerlifting nor is my life centered around looking like a model. I have found a happy medium for me and thats all that matters. I could not care less of what you or anyone else thinks about me. All that matters to me is what I think of me and what my God and family thinks of me. And I will leave you on this note, if you think that it is more rewarding to pull the girls in because you look pretty then thats fine, BUT speaking for myself it means absolutely nothing in the whole sheme of life. I am not bragging but I guarantee that I have had more pussy then you have seen on television or the fucking internet and none of that is half as rewarding as weightlifting has been to me. That is about all I can say to you Alex. And I will never again answer one of your posts because your maturity level is about ground zero.

Satisfaction? Well many things can satisfy you. Winning a stanley cup is probably more satisfying than powerlifting meet ever gonna be. Except that you also get reward for winning in publicly accepted sport.

If you gonna spend any effort on something, it better be worth it or there is no point in doing it. Again winning a world championship in some sport like hockey is fasr more satisfying than 5 minutes of glory straining under a barbell.

Sure doing hockey you might get injured. Sure some people do. Howeever injury isnt as big as long term powerlifitng joints. And atleast your 5+ million dollars richer.

If you gonna risk your health (and by powerlifting you surely do, dont deny it) atleast get some reward for it.

Bye everyone, I am going to bed.

Is this fucking homo ever going to leave???

THIS IS THE POWERLIFTING BOARD!!! GO BACK TO THE YOGA BOARD AND GET THAT PERFECT BODY YOU ARE AFTER WHILE AVOIDING ANYTHING HEAVY AT ALL COSTS!!

epimetheus said:
Somebody that Benches 500lbs rather than 200lbs will have an easier time knocking your teeth out.

Oh good...you learn fast. That's going to come in handy.

OY! Could we ban this guy, or limit him to the chat board, or better yet the fashion and grooming board? This has been mildly entertaining, but mostly annoying. Lets move on fellas.

For the record, I like to look good. It makes me feel good. But I also think it would be fun to flip a car over :)

Remember: opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one :angel:

Bro, you should listen to the boys. I am most likely the oldest one here and I started late in life. Powerlifting is the only way to travel, its like being a gladiator, man{or woman] against gravity, defying gravity. My arms are 20" and I only do curls once or twice a month, nothing builds density like powerlifting, which can be applied to any sport or task.

i'll post hear just to make my statement. I personally compete in Powerliftng to better myself. Every day i go into the gym i strive for a goal and if i hit it (5 b PR) i am one of the most enthrauled people until the next day when i go for a new one.. YOu may not see my expressions but inside i know that i made my goal and am off to a better one. This is just one of the many goals i set for myself throughout my lifting session/hour/day/week/ month/year/ECT. Most people do not have determination to make goals and reach them whether they be short or long term ( and i can see you as someone who does not have even a single goal in life.) Powerlifting is something that gives me more satisfacion by breaking my goals than does looking in the mirror wondering if i have made a 1/8"gain on my arms. Strenght is a part of life and as the saying goes " The Strong Will Survive". You obviosly will not be returning for round two. Why do you pretend that Bodybuilders would not like to have more sterenght. The mor e you can lift the bigger you get and everyone knows that. If a bodybuilder could lift what some of us can theywould be much bigger/solider than they are. I am by no reasons fat and am currently at 225 with 14-16% bodyfat. I can guaruantee that i could get down to 10% within a few weeks and would have no problems impresing even more girls at the beach than i do now.

You need to stay in your own little, tiny, week ass, world and leav e the real athletes to THIS board. Your ploy to antagonize us has worked as would ours if we questioned something that was meaningful to you.

Now go back to your low weight , High repin', bicept curlin', I Just want to tone Ass and leave the real men to this board.

P.S. You are such a LITTLE BITCH!
Later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom