Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do you powerlift? What is the point of strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSAlex- BenchMonster said it best. Nobody likes you over here. Go away.

You are a fucking dumbass who is not only retarted when it comes to lifing knowledge, but obviously very ignorant when it comes to the subject of powerlifting. You know nothing and since you show no interest, we aren't going to clue you in.

I actually wished you lived near me because maybe we could meet up in the gym some day and show you a thing or two about powerlifting.

Go flex your 9" guns at the beach and have all the ladies drewling over you. I'll be at he gym working on getting stronger.

Even though you are a Troll and your questions shouldn't be answered...I'll use your post to state my opinion.

"About joints, heavy weights lifted over prolonged times WILL ruin your joints. Might not happen in your 20s 30s but when you are over 40 and had years of powerlifting, you joints will start to ach."
.....How many 40 year olds don't have aches?????

"Why do most world class plifters retire so quickly?"
.....Because after they reach their peak...they are no longer at a world class level. It doesn't mean that they are not still good...they have just passed their world-class peak.

"Most athletes (especially heavy weight training athletes) do become invalids in their late life (if you can call that)."
.....Such as who? Is weight training the culprit or is just plain old older age?

"Many heavy weights barely walk without heavy breathing problems, sweat at even most mundane tasks, and lack some serious stamina."
.....Sounds like a pro bodybuilder....

"Not to insult anyone, but how will these guys be able to move while they are in their 60s?"
.....Sounds like a bodybuilder will have the same problem...IF they live to the age of 60.....

"Squating 800 pounds often, deadlifting 900 pounds, benching 600 pounds, now that out make someone crippled (after certain age)."
.....Really...like who? Test, dbol, adrol, deca, GH, 'slin, drip, etc upon etc...will those "cripple" a bodybuilder after a certain age?

"You might not expereince this now, but later when your joints are no longer so young and your heart isnt up to par.... hmmmm./.... Can we say NUBAIN?"
.....Hmmmm...sounds like a pro bodybuilder to me also. Nubain is probably just the tip of the iceberg in bodybuilding...just the tip.

Do you really want to know why I strength train? Why do I NOT bodybuild? Why do I not bodybuild to look good for the chicks at the beach? .......

Because I am not so conceited that I give a rip about what some snot nosed bratty chicky thinks of my delts or the peak on my arms or how my abs look. I am not that shallow and would like to think that most pro bodybuilders aren't either...but maybe I am wrong. If a woman can't look inside me and know me for me...then screw her...I don't need any part of her or anyone else if they only like me for my body!!!! I am confident in myself and my body...I don't have to be "ripped for the summer" just to go to the beach...I am proud of who I am WITHOUT seeing my abs or the cross-striations in my quads.

I don't feel the need to look good in a mirror...I have an inner desire that can not be explained in words. People can see it in your eyes...if you have the same inner feeling inside of you. We have that desire, that burn, that need. If a woman, or anyone else, needs more from me than that...I have no need for anyone that shallow either.

B True

Another way to look at it:

If you are moving or doing something that involves heavy lifting like construction, who do you want to help you?? The guy who can lift 3 times his weight or the guy who has a nice bicep peak and a 6-pack?? I thought so.

Wait...wait...I am very confused. You mean that strength training will not make me a babe magnet, award me with a new Corvette, the perfect tan and hair, and a super model?????

I have been greatly mis-led...

B True

a troll????nah,just another dip shit!!..obvisouly this loser wants this type of attention,why else come here with these bogus questions?and if you were indeed a bodybuilder you would still have intrest in strength gain.so think before you write stupid meaningless post my little weak friend.what are you about 16...17...oh well,we'll humor you till you get bored with it and crawl back to bed.must suck to have no life huh??have a great day my friend,hope to hear from you soon:eek:

SSAlexSS, I am one of those old guys. I am 45 years of age. I
love to powerlift. I pull over well over 600 pounds in the DL and
my squat is quickly approaching that territory. I also practice
a variety of martial arts and play golf to a one handicap. I am
not exactly a worn out old bastard. My physical conditioning is
second to none. My joints are in excellent shape. And my
friend, I am not alone in this. There are older guys on this
board that are everything I am and more.

I have a word of advice for you as one of the older guys. Keep
it positive. Listen to others and learn. Good karma leads to
good. Bad karma leads to bad. You are a lifter. I think you
understand this. Keep it positive and these guys will bend
over backward to help you.

Geno_O said:
SSAlexSS, I am one of those old guys. I am 45 years of age. I
love to powerlift. I pull over well over 600 pounds in the DL and
my squat is quickly approaching that territory. I also practice
a variety of martial arts and play golf to a one handicap. I am
not exactly a worn out old bastard. My physical conditioning is
second to none. My joints are in excellent shape. And my
friend, I am not alone in this. There are older guys on this
board that are everything I am and more.

I have a word of advice for you as one of the older guys. Keep
it positive. Listen to others and learn. Good karma leads to
good. Bad karma leads to bad. You are a lifter. I think you
understand this. Keep it positive and these guys will bend
over backward to help you.

Well what can I say. I ma happy that you are happy and you got pretty good lifts. Howeever when you get to 800 as some people here do, what will happen?

Great maybe I can fgeel so good in my 40s then. YEY, heavy weights dont nessesarely ruin joints...

SSAlexSS said:

Well what can I say. I ma happy that you are happy and you got pretty good lifts. Howeever when you get to 800 as some people here do, what will happen?

Great maybe I can fgeel so good in my 40s then. YEY, heavy weights dont nessesarely ruin joints...

blah,blah,blah:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom