Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do you powerlift? What is the point of strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZZuluZ said:
Alex, why do you do ANYTHING in life? The purpose of life is hapinness, and if powerlifting makes someone happy than they've lived well.

It's like running a marathon. Being good at basketball. Climbing mountains, being an expert philosopher, mathematician. NOTHING has an intrinsic value other than the abstract meaning we put on it ourselves.

Often it's not the the accomplishement but the voyage it took to get there which is important.

This is my attempt at being cordial with you. More than likely you'll resond with 'at least I'm intelligent, blah blah blah'

-Zulu

Well only dumb people respond with "fuck you" , since you didnt say that congrats to you. I try to be cordial with everyone, even with downright filthy and "sad" induvidials. My class is above them, I dont go out and have a drink each night and take speed to increase velocity in my squat.

ZZuluZ said:
Alex, why do you do ANYTHING in life? The purpose of life is hapinness, and if powerlifting makes someone happy than they've lived well.

Often it's not the the accomplishement but the voyage it took to get there which is important.

-Zulu

Bon voyage, you are going for a ride.

I wounder what kind of return will you face.

Hockey is great. Dont ruin your body too much and you get paid well. Powerlifrting = little money and tough journey back into bed after simple act of walking tires you out.

Really, having screws drilled into your knees and braces on your elbows because they wont function without pain. ISNT good arrivel, if you catch my drift.

Again for example hockey, atleast you get millions of presidents when you retire and only few bruises and dislocated shoulders.

powerlifting looses on all counts.

You still don't get it. You're a superficial tramp man. Seriously.

You only do stuff to get external gratification? That makes you a truly pathetic human being. WHy don't you simply get synthol implants? Then everyone will be in awe of your muscle mass. Isn't that what you want?

You have no grasp on life and reality. You need to reevaluate your priorities. Maybe you could try listening to others for a change, showing respect [and by that I mean lose the subtle understones of condescendence and superiority].

" My class is above them, I dont go out and have a drink each night and take speed to increase velocity in my squat."

"Your class"??? Dude, I think you have a serious ego problem. More than likely you have physchological issues. You can't seriously consider yourself superior to anybody here.

What DO you squat btw?

Deciever, will do bud.

-Zulu

ZZuluZ: Don't worry about this guy man...he is a Troll. He is someone who comes on here just to stir up things a bit and is probably another member here on Elite too. His main goal is to get a "rise" out of the members...to see them get mad.

I have a pretty good idea who he is too...but I may be wrong.

He seems to skip the reply button when he sees a post that tells the full truth though...funny.

B True

Your generalizations are pathetic, as are your arguements. Your posts have only one purpose. That purpose is to provoke a negative reaction from other board members. This juvenile behavior only reinforces the fact that you are immature. You would be better spent putting this energy into educating yourself and training, instead of wasting it by antagonizing other board members. If you want to be taken seriously and contribute to the board in a positive manner then I have no problem with you posting. If you choose to continue on your current path then I would ask you to do it somewhere else. This board is positive and helpful and we wish for it to remain that way.

But he's been around for years.... and smurf or not he's getting on everybody's nerves. Is there a banning policy on these boards?

Deciever....empty your damn mailbox lol

-Zulu

Just laugh at his posts and go on...I do. Well...read my original reply to his post first...lol

B True

That truly is one of the dumbest questions ever bro! As stated before, not every powerlifter/strongman looks like shit ie: myself! I'm about 12%bf...Results are gained much quicker using heavy weights rather than pumping the muscles full of blood (although 99% of lifters see otherwise)...I challenge any bobybuilder/gym rat/pussyboy (like yourself)/or any other so called expert to go against the ultimate such as Juoko Ahola, Kaz, George Hackenshmidt, Phil Pfister, Jesse Marunde, Mark Henry, shit you name it, to a strength contest. BTW: all of these guys with the exception of Henry are in phenomenal condition.

But above all, we lift in this fashion for ourselves. Don't hate on us because you can't overhead press your bodyweight!

Screwball said:
Your generalizations are pathetic, as are your arguements. Your posts have only one purpose. That purpose is to provoke a negative reaction from other board members. If you want to be taken seriously and contribute to the board in a positive manner then I have no problem with you posting. If you choose to continue on your current path then I would ask you to do it somewhere else. This board is positive and helpful and we wish for it to remain that way.

I dont find this board positive.

First of all. I asked a reasonable question. Why do you powerlift, why strength makes you tick. All i get is cusses thrown at me.
Unlike some people I dont keep telling everyone 4 letter words.

I dont get this, why such good question degenerated into this mess?

I get said when I see some of the replies that i received....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom