Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do so many people hate smith machine?

No shit free weight is better, but in some exercises smith is superior, like military, decline and incline press.. I agree that free weight squat, flat bench press and bent over rows are better but saying smith machine has no place or its gay is just stupid.. When i do incline dumbell or barbell my shoulder takes over the lift and i cant focus on my chest, but when i do incline smith all the weight is on my chest and i dont feel a thing in my shoulder and tricep, you also dont need a spotter..

not trying to bust your balls bro, but that sounds like a form issue... probably nothing major, but just the slightest change in how you setup can make a huge difference... like a slight shift in your scapula or somthing like that, or tucking vs flaring the elbows... i believe myself to be more of a technical lifter than one by brute strength, though i still find myself finding slight adjustments that can make or break a PR or stimulate new growth...

No shit free weight is better, but in some exercises smith is superior, like military, decline and incline press.. I agree that free weight squat, flat bench press and bent over rows are better but saying smith machine has no place or its gay is just stupid.. When i do incline dumbell or barbell my shoulder takes over the lift and i cant focus on my chest, but when i do incline smith all the weight is on my chest and i dont feel a thing in my shoulder and tricep, you also dont need a spotter..

Why would you not want to incorporate your shoulders and triceps when incline pressing???

Why would you not want to incorporate your shoulders and triceps when incline pressing???

this too. It's just a silly arguement he is trying to make. To say any smith machine workout is superior to any free weight is silly. Like I said earlier, I do use smith machines but only to change things up.

Because im working on my chest not shoulder or tricep.. lolz, so when you work on your back do you incorporate your legs and shoulder with them too?? Yup, thats what i thought.

not trying to bust your balls bro, but that sounds like a form issue... probably nothing major, but just the slightest change in how you setup can make a huge difference... like a slight shift in your scapula or somthing like that, or tucking vs flaring the elbows... i believe myself to be more of a technical lifter than one by brute strength, though i still find myself finding slight adjustments that can make or break a PR or stimulate new growth...

i agree its the setup, the incline bench press in my gym is too high, its more like a front delt workout instead of upper pecs.

I have shoulder issues so it works great for military presses other then that I stretch my hams on it once in a while

Because im working on my chest not shoulder or tricep.. lolz, so when you work on your back do you incorporate your legs and shoulder with them too?? Yup, thats what i thought.

Well yes I do work legs when doing back. Lots of lifts use a lot of the body. Deadlifts works legs while doing back also.

i wouldnt say the smith machine is hated , its more like its sub optimal . why do you do big compound lifts with free weights ? because they use compund groups of muscles , the more muscles used = more stress , more forced adaptation and so on . ive never used a smith machine and i curl in the squat rack ! . thats becuase my garage doesnt have a smith machine and my home made squat rack is in my garage SO THERE !

Top Bottom