Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do Hollywood actors train 2-3 hours a day getting ready for muscular roles?

John McLane

Whenever I read about an actor bulking up for a role, whether it be Nicholas Cage, Ryan Reynolds and more recently Henry Cavill preparing for the new Superman movie, they ALWAYS say they are training 2.5-3 hours a day....WTF??? I thought that we should all only weight train for an hour max????

its alot of public relations as well ,as everyone thinks training long and harder than anyone else gives better results, makes them look better in the public eye , they generally make use of good personal trainers and the transformations are usually very good, look at christian bale for example. gotto love hgh lol

its alot of public relations as well ,as everyone thinks training long and harder than anyone else gives better results, makes them look better in the public eye , they generally make use of good personal trainers and the transformations are usually very good, look at christian bale for example. gotto love hgh lol

So are you saying that they are lying?

So are you saying that they are lying?

not sure , probably in some cases, depending on there goals , i cant see how someone bulking up would spend 3 hours a day in the gym , but if it were cutting etc, then sure 2 x 45 min cardio sessons and 1 x 45-60min weights session ?

I'll go with the lying angle. It's like they say that they train naturally and don't take drugs.

If I was getting that much money to look a certain way, then I'd do it.

Another thing to remember is that they aren't looking to get huge... at least not huge in the world of BBing. Because of that not everything has to be optimal and they most likely dont get the best advice available to them. I also bet if they are behind schedule and not looking like they will reach the goal size in time for the shooting of the movie they are put under alot of pressure to use prohormones or maybe even aas.

Most of the stuff they publish is probably BS too.

According to www.thehughjackmanworkout.com] this is what got him in shape to play wolverine:

day 1 (geared towards building mass)
dumbell chest press on swiss ball - 3x12
pushups 3x25 supersetted w/ the chest presses
lat pulldown 3x12
external shoulder rotation with fitness band 3x25 supersetted w/ pulldown "these must also be done for 3 sets to ensure you are building muscle"
cable side raises 3x12
BB curls 3x12 supersetted with close grip pushups on a bar 3x12

day 2 (geared towards strength gains)
1 legged squats 3x12
balance board lunges supersetted with box jumps 3x30
jackknife supersetted w/ crunches 3x20

day 3
30 walking db lunges
100 pushups
50 crunches
1 minute treadmill sprint
inch worms 3x30 reps supersetted w/ lat pulldowns 3x50 reps

LOL

^^^^^^^ Thanks for the laugh Extra Mile. I needed that. That workout looks like something straight out of womens fitness. My girl reads them and I swear that routine looks awful familar. LMAO!

our own PLJ who won the transformation contest worked out 2-3 times per day. and ate perfectly. all I know is that they use a combo of roids and the best trainers out there to prepare them for their roles. Mel Gibson looks big in braveheart, Charlie Sheen looked huge in Hot Shots etc.

Top Bottom