Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Did My Deadlift Weight Drop Dramatically Today?

shibs

Stay frosty
At the gym tonight, and my deadlift weight just dropped. I was shocked, and totally let down. Especially because I was hoping to break a PB today. So, here's a little backround information...

The last time I deadlifted was about 18,19 days ago. I'm a Marine so sometimes my schedule gets hectic and I can't afford to go to the gym. However, I did have to other workouts in those 18 to 19 days that were back thickness workouts. T-bar rows and bent over db rows I believe.

Also, I've cut out carbs completely during the week in order to try to slim down a bit. I'm still staying around the same weight.. but all my lifts are still increasing for the most part, so I'm content.

Anyways, last time I hit 455x6, so tonight I was going for 485 and hoping to get 4 or 5. I only got 2, then I went down to 455 and only got 3. What gives? Do you think it's because I haven't hit them in almost 3 weeks, or because I've cut out the carbs? All my other lifts were fine.. what gives?

I think it has to do with you cutting carbs plus dead lifting so high then jumping down you used a lot of energy up in your first attempt no big deal man still a good deadlift

I think it has to do with you cutting carbs plus dead lifting so high then jumping down you used a lot of energy up in your first attempt no big deal man still a good deadlift

agree with this.
on days i deadlift, of course i'm deadlifting less than you OP, but still relative for my size and goals...i try to eat a little more.

deads, squats and cardio = eat a little more :D

you should be stoked with your deadlift, that's REALLY STRONG!

plus, there are subtle things that happen. not every session you'll go up in weight.

keep it up, the next time you'll nail it! :)

Ok thanks guys. I'll go again soon and adjust my diet a bit and see what happens

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Top Bottom