Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Chiropractic care is so important in bodybuilding/weight training

Kakdiesel

Banned
As many of you all know, I am a chiropractic student here in Atlanta.

I thought I'd just dispell some stereotypes and myths about chiropractic and explain how it is VERY important in the bodybuilding/weight training/pro sports communities.

Chiropractor does not translate into "back doctor" we do nothing about the back. We dont treat back pain. We dont TREAT any SYMPTOM or SIGN...we go to the source of the problem and give the body an optimal environment to maintain homeostasis and to function optimally.

Now why do I think its so important to muscle building? if anybody here understands muscle physiology then they will understand but I will break it down for you easily by this small example:

Deltoid muscle is innervated by the axillary nerve, which is located at cord segments C5, C6...when there is a sublixation, (improper alignment of vetebral bodies) the nerve is impinged and causes interference. The only way your deltoid muscles function is by your brain sending motor neurons through that peripheral nerve! If there is interference, that muscle CANNOt function optimally..if anything it can become diseased, injured, or worse--shrink! ShrinK? yes shrink..why? because muscles need blood (nutrients) AND nerves to maintain/grow...without that electrical stimulus from the nerve, the muscle will atrophy..

this might not become a problem at first, but after a while, that nerve becomes worse and worse due to the sublixation and people wonder why they are "having problems growing" and they automatically assume its genetics and live with it...

How about seeing that it COULD be a sublixation causing interference of mental impulses (motor neurons) to that muscle?

believe me, there is more to chiropractic than just back pain therapy..

Ask any professor/doctor at my school...they are famous WORLDWIDE with athletes of all countries (olympic athletes mind you) and professional athletes all over the area..why? cuz chiro works..simple as that..

questions? comments?

Cool post. I guess I fall into the category that thought they were just back docs. I've always had chronic lower back pain cause by a water bed with too little water so I need to go soon

woops i forgot to explain that through spinal adjustment the sublixation can be corrected and the nerve can flow freely again..

:)

Ask any PHD, neurologist, anybody...the Brain and Spinal Cord are responsible for EVERYTHING in your body..every function..

Try this one for size: DR. Paul Sherwood, "The Heart Revolution" states that "The key to heart attacks brought on by spasm lies in the spinal column"

With that said, one must realize that even myocardial infarction(heart attacks) are usually caused by sublixation..how so?

well your blood vessels dialate to allow blood to move through freely..these blood vessels are innervated with nerves that come from (like all nerves) the spine. if these nerves arent sending the right signals, the blood vessels are not functioning properly, thus are less likely to be able to dialate properly, or even worse, might function so poorly that plaque and compounds build up in the vessel--thus causing the passageway to be partially to fully blocked!

Silent Method said:
I'm getting cracked in about an hour. (I know lots of you don't like that term, but I do :) )

where ya from silent method? do you know exactly what he's adjusting? full spine? atlas?just curious..

what are your experiences with chiro care..have you seen much a difference in overall health and well being?

Kak....dont sound defensive when you explain chiropractic..we dont have to prove ourselves..also..its subluxation not ixation...ragging on you my friend

i believe its benificial to have chiro treatment, what i do not like is a guy who practices it, to tell me somethings wrong that isnt so ill keep comming back to him.

LOL holy shit, my bad animal..my prof's would kick my ass for mispelling subluxation...whew...but i guess i'm not big on spelling.. :)

anyways, i dont mean to sound so defensive, i just feel like there are many myths and stereotypes that must be corrected..

So animal where did you graduate from?

I apologize if i sound like a choch, im just really passionate about chiro :)

Top Bottom