Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why can't I lift my dog?

Kamong

I got one interesting question – why can I curleasily 30-40 kilos, but I can not hold my dog in my hands for toolong? The dog weighs 37 kg, so it is in the middle of my liftingrange, but lately he has been very sick, so I was carrying himaround, and he feels so damn heavy!

The reasons are two here – first of all, theweights are easily controlled, since they are small and they arehard. The dog, on the other hand, is softer, and if he gets relaxed,he will tend to slip all over the place, making it harder to holdhim. Also, I assume that you did not do curls with him on your hands,but rather held him still, and this is a completely different kind ofload – it is a static one, and it puts to test your endurance, notyour strength – these are two different concepts.

It's because your dog is awkwardly shaped. It causes a greater recruitment of stabilizer muscles then balanced weights at a gym.

It's kind of like trying to squat on an unstable surface. You will be able to squat much less then when on a stable surface.

That is so funny! I don't know why, but I always attributed endurance to running and that kind of things, but it really is important with heavy weights...do you think that static exercises are good for muscle endurance with weights?

The issue is time. It doesn't matter if you wave your dog about above your head or walk about with him or her in your arms. The issue is for how long - how much time. The same applies to endurance with weights.

That is so funny! I don't know why, but I always attributed endurance to running and that kind of things, but it really is important with heavy weights...do you think that static exercises are good for muscle endurance with weights?

gymnasts look the way they do for a reason.

Yes, in weightlifting endurance also applies, and it is a nice idea to dedicate one day per week to that endurance, rather than weights. I see by far too many occasions when buff guys can't help their ladies to carry heavy bags cause the get tired. Yes, they can lift them no problem, but when it comes to carrying them around they don't endure - that is so shameful in my opinion.

Top Bottom