Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why can I do zumba, and not running?

Nntefelal

Hey guys! Not long ago I have signed up for zumbaclasses and training, and I really like it. This sport really shapesyou up, and the cardio is beastful. My question is the following. Ijust can not run for long – 3-5 minutes and I am exhausted, justcan't breath and feel pain in the liver, and so on. All in all –terrible runner. But at zumba we move like crazy and do lots ofdancing movements. We don't run, but do a lot of moving. Thistraining kills me as well, but I last 1 hours. Why is thisdifference?

Most probably it has to do with two factors in myopinion. First of all, you are enjoying zumba more, and hence youlast more with it. Secondly, this may have to do with your runningtechnique – it is not as easy as many might think, and withoutproper running techniques it is hard to run for long or withoutgetting injured.

You think guys it is all about the psychology? And how do you make running more interesting?

instead of running on a treadmill, run outside on a fun running trail or run with a group

there are running groups everywhere and a lot of times they are free and a great way to meet people who will push you

It is definitely something psychological - obviously, a person will be more eager to push oneself to the limit if it is interesting, and the goal is understandable. What @stevesmi is suggesting is actually exactly that - making the running more entertaining.

You are more likely to work harder when you are surround by other people because it creates a supportive environment.

Go on a bike ride by yourself for an hour and the next day do a spin class for an hour. I promise that you will notice that you work way harder during the spin class.

I am a big advocate for group cardio classes. If you like running - run with your dog or try to find a buddy to run with

Top Bottom