Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whose traps get sore from benching

When I do heavy sets of 3 I feel soreness in my pecs, triceps, shoulders, forearms, traps, and lats. Truly a compound movement.

Hold up, I want to remind y'all that the traps aren't just those humps up by your neck. Your traps go down to the middle of your back and extend all the way over to the outer edge of your shoulder blades. Every time you use your upper back to do something, whether it's setting up tight with you shoulder blades together to bench or doing rows on various planes, you are hitting the traps when you do that. I don't know how you could bench and NOT hit your traps.

Soreness may vary, but not for lack of utility.

When I bench heavy my entire upper body gets sore. Which is a good thing because I believe it means that I am recruiting mutiple muscle groups and therefore maximum muscle fiber.

As a matter of fact, I strained a hamstring about a month ago benching heavy. But, that was probably because I was changing my technique and my flexibility is very poor. :D

spatts said:
Hold up, I want to remind y'all that the traps aren't just those humps up by your neck. Your traps go down to the middle of your back and extend all the way over to the outer edge of your shoulder blades. Every time you use your upper back to do something, whether it's setting up tight with you shoulder blades together to bench or doing rows on various planes, you are hitting the traps when you do that. I don't know how you could bench and NOT hit your traps.

"Y'all"??

spatts said:

So it's that big slab of muscle I see on your avatar? :p

Mike_Rojas said:

So it's that big slab of muscle I see on your avatar? :p

Yeah, here's one of my photoshoots for McGraw-Scholastic Press:

traps.jpg

Top Bottom