Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whole body workouts

tank2

i've been getting pretty tired of my routine so i wanted to switch it up a little and try 3 day a week workouts training the whole body each day and then the other days i would just do 30-40 minutes of cardio. i guess it's sort of like HST..... here is what i did yesterday....

squats

incline hammer strength

t-bar rows

standing arnold presses

tricep pressdowns

standing barbell curls

i did one set of 10-12 and then a drop set. so 2 working sets for each body part....i was done in about 30 minutes

i felt like i didn't do enough b/c i'm not sore today at all, but i'lll be doing the same workout tomorrow.

my diet has always been pretty good....lotta chicken, steak and eggs everyday....

i guess my question is will i see any progress on this workout as opposed to doing chest/back monday shoulders/legs wed and arms on friday?? thx guys i appreciate all the help you can give me.

tank2 said:
i've been getting pretty tired of my routine so i wanted to switch it up a little and try 3 day a week workouts training the whole body each day and then the other days i would just do 30-40 minutes of cardio. i guess it's sort of like HST..... here is what i did yesterday....

squats

incline hammer strength

t-bar rows

standing arnold presses

tricep pressdowns

standing barbell curls

i did one set of 10-12 and then a drop set. so 2 working sets for each body part....i was done in about 30 minutes

i felt like i didn't do enough b/c i'm not sore today at all, but i'lll be doing the same workout tomorrow.

my diet has always been pretty good....lotta chicken, steak and eggs everyday....

i guess my question is will i see any progress on this workout as opposed to doing chest/back monday shoulders/legs wed and arms on friday?? thx guys i appreciate all the help you can give me.

Full body workouts 3x a week are good for gaining strngth and mass. I suggest going to http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm and try this routine. There are many people here on it and they are all making nice gains.

can't go wrong with HST IMO. not everyone will agree though. 5x5 is a great way to train fullbody style as well.

if you are gonna go full-body 3x week HST style, i suggest you look into and learn more about progressive overload, deconditioning, etc.

also, step away from the smith! ;)

haha...i hear ya on the smith machine but i've had 2 shoulder surgeries from powerlifting when i was younger...2 torn labrums. so these days i stick to machines for chest unfortunatley...it's boring but nothing i can really do. i also can't lift heavy either....so i opt for 12-15 reps on most sets...they are still heavy and i go to failure but i can't rack on the weight and do 5 super heavy reps. so will this routine work if i'm keeping it in this rep scheme of like 10-12? or will it only work if i lift super heavy with low reps ??

Top Bottom