Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who uses olympic-style lifts?

Freak Show

I'm wondering if anyone incorporates lifts like jump shrug, cleans, snatch into their workouts at any time during the year. I've got a trainer teachin me them as we speak. I've stuck with traditional bodybuilding training and tried this just for shits and giggles. So how do you incorporate them into bodybuilding style training? Or would I have to give up on bodybuilding workouts for a while?

I liked to use them either on back day, or if you do a total body routine. I like to do them on my back day due to the obvious amount of pulling necessary to succesfully complete the lifts. If you chose to do them like this I would do all lifts either from the knee, or off some boxes. This will help to minimize the leg involvment. If you are going to do a total body routine, then just put the bar on the floor and have at it. Hope this helps good luck.

FOR ME FROM THE BEGINNING THAT IS ALL I DID AT HE TENDER AGE OF EIGHTEEN THAT IS ALL I WAS ALLOWED TO DO IF I WANTED TO BE IN THAT GYM FOR THE 1ST YEAR IT WAS NOT FUN BUT FOR A FULL YEAR: BENCH, DEADLIFT, POWER CLEAN/PRESS, AND CHINUPS AND CHEAT CURLS

NOW I DO POWER CLEAN EVERY OTHER WED

SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS EVERY SATURDAY

AND I TRAIN 1 BODY PART A DAY TAKING TWO DAYS OF EVERY WEEK ITS BASIC AND GRUELING AND PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU WEIRD, WHICH IS PRETTY COOL BECUASE YOU CAN HEAR THEM SAYING YOUR GOING ABOUT IT THE WRONG WAY, AND I LIKE STIRRING CONTROVERSY EXCEPT THE THE T-REX'S IN THE GYM GIVE ME A NOD OF APPROVAL.. DO IT DO IT HEAVY BUT DO IT SAFE AT ALL TIMES.

HELL YEAH

I do cleans. They help big time, especially w/ sports. They help with explosive sports. Cleans teach you how to generate a lot of power by using momentum and small movements.

Bro, that's all I do. I'll throw in some incline dumbells, but that's it.

The most powerful guy on the planet? Hossein Rezazadeh, 212.5 snatch at the Sydney Games.

the clean and jerk does things for the shoulders and forearms that no other excercise can do. Very good stuff. The speed with which you do these movemnts effects the muscels entirely differently. Almost every big time pro incorporated these types of movements in to their workouts occasionaly.

I do cleans, jerks, push press, snatch, overhead squat, etc 3-4 days/ week. I have the USWF club coach certification. I always do them first in my workouts....if you are fatigued when you start you're f*cked. The are great for explosive power development, core strength, and nothing beats 'em for trap development. Also its pretty cool doing heavy cleans or snatches and having everyone in the gym sneaking looks and checking you out. I do snatches and overhead squats with 225 and everyone stares! LOL V3

I do.

I started doing them along with powerlifting.

Your delts and legs will thank you.

Learn how to do them correctly and your back will be a work of art.

2Thick is right on. Oly lifting gives you a thickness in the shoulder girdle that can't be matched by anything else. Pulls are a great replacement for shrugs. In fact, I haven't done shrugs in years.

Do you guys have to deal with people at your gym that get pissed when you drop the weights? My gym sucks! When I first joined I suggested that they get some bumper plates...I even brought in a couple catalogs for them to order from but they never placed an order. I had this one out of shape personal trainer at my gym ask me not to drop the weights. I'm like "sorry dude, but its a little tough to set the weight down gently after a set of cleans at 275! Get some damn bumper plates if you don't like me dropping the weight!" Sorry for the rant, had to get that off my chest. V3

Top Bottom