Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who has used the 5x5 workout program and what were your results?

I did it from Feb to July of this year.

Squat - 170x5 to 305x5
Deadlift - 185x5 to 340x5
Bench - 145x5 to 205x5
BB Press - 80x5 to 135x5

I couldn't bench for a couple of months during this time, so I could have easily added more.

I was really skinny when I started. People consider me a big boy now. In reality I'm not (went from 170ish to about 200), but the point is I did get a lot bigger. I did get a little too fat, but that really doesn't have to do with the workout. I saw the most growth in my legs and traps. My chest and arms did grow, but like I said, I couldn't bench for a long time. I have since changed routines, and I'm cutting. I've dropped to about 185 and I'm still keeping my gains for the most part. I think 5x5 is a great place to start.
what routine are you using to cut?im fixing to wrap up my 5x5 a couple of weeks early and have been looking for a routine that will allow me to keep my muscle while burning fat so im trying to avoid too much cardio.

what routine are you using to cut?im fixing to wrap up my 5x5 a couple of weeks early and have been looking for a routine that will allow me to keep my muscle while burning fat so im trying to avoid too much cardio.

Well, I switched about a month or so before I decided to cut. I switched programs out of necessity- my body simply couldn't keep up with adding weight to the bar every workout. I'm now doing 531. I see it as a good way to increase strength without adding 5 pounds to the bar every workout. It also allows for a little more freedom. Many people will tell you that changing from bulking to cutting is no reason to change workout routines, though. So, if 5x5 is still working for you, then I'd say stick with it.

Well, I switched about a month or so before I decided to cut. I switched programs out of necessity- my body simply couldn't keep up with adding weight to the bar every workout. I'm now doing 531. I see it as a good way to increase strength without adding 5 pounds to the bar every workout. It also allows for a little more freedom. Many people will tell you that changing from bulking to cutting is no reason to change workout routines, though. So, if 5x5 is still working for you, then I'd say stick with it.
Yeah ive read that its not the routine that helps in cutting but rather the diet.I will stick with 5x5 for another few months then look into more of a hypertrophy routine.

I did a 5x5 routine for a few months. For me I knew going into the routine, isolation was definately secondary. I viewed the 5x5 as an overall strength and composition builder. I never did bicep curls, cable flys, etc. I wanted to get the most "bang for my buck" in an hour workout session especially only working out 3 days a week. My 5x5 was based on squats, bench, deadlifts, incline press, BTNP, power cleans.

My strength went through the roof. My legs/hips/knees felt amazing like they have never felt before. Deadlift strength was amazing by the end of it. Bench was okay. I think It needed more volume. Overall my size went up, my bodyfat % dropped, and all my lifts went up substantially.

Loved the results from the 5x5! Like OWL said, it destroyed my Back, but as the suporting groups built (quickly) it subsided. DO NOT DO the intermediate program though. The Professional was better IMHO.

Top Bottom