Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who has been doing HIT consistently over a year

no one except me has seen incredible gains?

i do 3/4 reps with 120 on dumbell inclines for 10 reps( cant go all the way down because of sholder injury and long arms)

225 upright rows (cheating) for 10 reps

225 curl for 1 rep (alot of cheat)

about a year ago i was doing high volume and about 50 pounds less on each lift

i cheat only on back and sholder excersices. because i do all those movements explosivly because my back wont develop unless i do fast movements like upright rows, high pulls. i just prefer to use really heavy weight on curls. my rack deadlift has gone up about 200 pounds. its now 765 was around 500-550

By HIT I assume you mean high intensity training in the general sense and not some specific program. HIT training in my mind is any hard core, pop-yer-fucking-eyes-out-of-their-sockets-and hemmorage-your-skin weight lifting. High intensity for periods of less than an hour. According to that def....

I've been doing HIT for 1.5 years now. At my current body fat level I've gone from 185lbs, to 212-214 lbs...clean!

5X5 and clean healthy foods. With one week breaks after a slow buildup of 5x5/5x3 to the point where my body is falling apart trying to lift the weight. I've done a month of easy BFL type workouts to take it easy about every 4-6 months. Then I repeat the process starting on 5X5 again to build back up to absolute Max again.

I can tell it's time to take some sort of break (week off/month of easier workouts) when my joints and tendons start to scream at me the day after weights.

My weight gain my sound like bullshit but I look at my body fat from when I was 185 and it's the same as it is now only I'm around 212+ (although right now that + might be from the turkey and wine, etc.). When I started I was bordering on a FAT FUCKING PIG, now I'm only about 12-15 lbs less than I was when I started but it's like my beer gut went from my gut to my shoulders. I'm not that impressive but the relative gains are enormous. Also my dick grew a few inches too (ha ha..I wish!).

My weight in 1.5 years has tremendously increased. Benching or curling only a single 45 a side was the end of my workout when I started. Now I'm pushing 3 a side on the bench (over 2 in the incline bench).

Biggest help BY FAR WAS A GUY NAMED:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!N E E D S I Z E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I ever meet the guy in person I'd probabbly blow him out of gratitude...O.K. well maybe not, but I'd owe the guy a HUGE FUCKING FAVOUR!! If it was not for his forthcoming approach on this board I'd still be wasting my time with some other dumb approach from a magazine or something (actually I'd have given up a long time ago).

HIT is the IMHO the only way to get gains.

Griz.....nice work bro - can you shoot me a detailed copy of your current routine and diet? Exercises, sets, reps, time in gym, times you eat, what you eat, etc.....any cardio....I need a nice change and you seem to have found your nice - K your way...thanks man.

Jkurz1

For 4-6 months (leaving out the initial few months of reconditioning of my body from fat pig to gym rat) I did the 5X5 routine exactly like Needsize laid out with one addition. On the final rep (whether you finish the 5th set or not) of the compound excersise I would do a slow negative much like the DC method calls for this seemed to really help me the next time I attacked that excerise. Here are the excersises I used with the 5X5:
Mon: Shoulders/Back

[Keep in mind I have a lower back that is now hamburger and causes me re-occuring pain constantly otherwise I'd have deads & other much better excersises added to this routine]
Completed in 1 hour.
Warm up on eliptical machine for 6 minutes (~100 cal)

5X5 - DB press or BB press [I was doing BTNMP but those were just too much for my cuffs...I don't do behind the neck anymore]
2x8-10 - Lateral raises to failure for both sets
2x8-10 - Bent over lateral raises for the rear delts.

4X10 of DB shrugs with AS MUCH WEIGHT AS I COULD POSSIBLY HANDLE...

5X5 Wide grip pull ups
1 set of crying like a baby
2x8-10 of reverse pec dec (HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY!)
2x8-10 of seated rows (HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY!)

Teus: 20 minutes HIIT cardio on eliptical.

Wed: Legs
[Once again due to back problems and the fact that I push myself sometimes too hard in the gym I use squats as an additional exersise rather than the compound 5X5 excersise - I'd recommend switching that though for someone else]
Completed in 1 hour

5X5 45 degree leg press (if your belly button doesn't pop out there's not enough weight.)
2x8-10 seated leg raises (you know the machine that hurts your thighs)
5X5 lying ham curls (Painfully heavy)
2x8-10 squats
BFL sets for seated calf raises (this seemed to work better for my calves than any other routine. It added the most mass for some strange reason...go figure)
Abs...whatever I felt would hit them that day usually 3 sets of 35 crunches on the swiss ball.

Thurs: 20 min. HIIT cardio on eliptical

Fri: chest and arms
Completed in 1 hour

5X5 Incline bench
2x8-10 chest dips, or flat bench
2x8-10 flat DB press, or flys

5X5 EZ bar standing curls, or preachers.
2x8-10 seated incline DB curls (you know where your arms hang almost straight down)
2X8-10 hammer curls, or reverse grip preachers

5X5 skull crushers
2X8-10 rope grip standing cable push downs (or whatever you want to call them)
2x8-10 bench dips, or close grip bench.

Sat: OFF

Sun: 20 min. HIIT cardio on eliptical
------------------------------------
When I start to plateau on the above routine, I switch to the 3X5 routine laid out by Needsize (keeping the slow neg on the last rep). I push this AS FAR AS I CAN GO!!! The exersises are pretty close to the previous just much more weight, and less volume. When I start to feel my joints and tendons aching in a "bad" way (like they have been the last couple of weeks) I switch to the next BFL routine which is IMO pretty "light"
--------------------------------------
Every 4-6 months I do 1 month of a "light" BFL program doing almost exactly what the book says just to give my body a break. I keep the cardio at 3 20min sessions a week and the weights at about 45 min just like he says. After doing the 5X5 program believe me, this is EASY! I feel guilty at the end of the day cause it feels like I've done SFA. I stick to the diet quite close dropping my intake a bit from before (mostly dropping the protien down to match the BFL). I think the BFL program is a beginner level approach with merit but is useless for serious gains. At this point it's a program for maintanence. I won't list my excersises here cause I don't think it makes much of a difference and they are fairly similar to the above stuff anyway.

DIET (on 5X5 and 3X5): Taking from DC a little I ate as much protien as I could humanly pack away during the day for a while in no real pattern but the diet below is what I'm doing now. NO JUNK FOOD except maybe every second friday I'd order a huge pizza and eat the whole thing just to stay sane.

Morning: Take multi-vitamins and flax oil 1. Egg whites/oatmeal or All Bran/eggs 2. protien shake 3. high protien meal with carbs and veggies 4. peice of fruit with 1 cup DRY cottage cheese (42 grams protien) Take multi-vitamins and flax oil 5. Big slab of meat (steak, chicken, fish, dozen egg whites (2 yolks), whatever) with generous veggies and a carb like brown rice or sweet potatoes. 6. Natural Peanut butter with Multi grain crackers, or straight protien with some carbs for fuel. 7. On weight days I do a non-whey (caesin (sp?)) protien shake mixed with milk before going to sleep.
If I come across an instance where I can eat straight protien at any time during the day I eat it. Shrimp, meats, whatever. Absolute minimun is 2X body weight of protien (in grams...duh). In the morning I drink 3 cups of coffee with just cream (I will NEVER give up my cream...NEVER, NEVER,NEVER!!!!! Muahahaha). And I tend to drink lots of 1% milk. Often I snack on carrots and almonds in between meals too.

Sleep as much as I can at night which is difficult cause I often have insomnia. Exersise does help this though but one day a week I'm just not sleeping which really affects my gains I'm sure. I don't drink much at all and rarely go over 2 glasses of wine/beer/whiskey(well oz here not glasses...hic).

No sups other than vitamins and flax and protein shakes. No drugs either. I am not a genetic freak and was still rather stocky at 185lbs (last time I was in shape this time I started off at around 230lbs of FLAB!). I'm 5'11" and went from 185lbs (last time I was in shape) at 13-14%bf to 212-214 at 13-14%bf. I dropped so much weight in the first 5 months people though I had cancer or something. Had to buy new cloths etc. Unfortuneatly I didn't take any posed pics cause I didn't want to jinx it. I'm no BMF but I am a stocky guy. I don't think I'd be described as being a "big" guy but I dont' know for sure cause I'm not gonna ask other guys what they think of my body...kinda gay unless they are bodybuilders and would understand the question and it's intent. And I really don't know many people at the gym cause I'm in there to train, not socialize.

And just to REALLY piss people off...I smoke too. I am trying to quit though and I've cut back about 50% of what I used to smoke. I'm not talking weed here either. Don't smoke weed.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I exersise on my lunch break. I drive a desk so I take about 1 hour and 15 min. for lunch to do this on weight days. I eat at my desk immediately after my workouts (weight days, cardio I wait 1/2 hour to 45 min.). I work 1 block from my gym so that's VERY convenient.

Beautiful! Karma to you..........do you eat at specific times? Do you weigh your food? On off cycle? Train am or pm?

Yeah, I try to eat
1. right when I wake up (before coffee)7:30am
2. about 10:30
3: right after workout (about 1:00)
4: 3:00
5: 6:00
6: 8:00
7: 10:00 (shake)

No I don't weigh my food. I started using the palm/fist portion size, and during 5X5, or 5X3 I just double that for protien and 1.5 times for carbs (veggies just eat alot no worries on that).

On/off cycle? Not sure what you mean. I'm clean so in the sense of a "cycle" it doesn't apply. Cycling as far as periodization cycles go, I'm not sure what you mean so you'd have to explain. I change my diet a bit when I switch routines but I think that's explained in the post. If I wasn't clear please let me know.

Train at lunch 11:45 to 12:45 back at work by 1:00

Top Bottom