Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who does or doesn't do cardio when cutting?

balancefighter

Just like the title says boys. Just curious how many guys do cardio when cutting. It seems a lot of guys feel like they can avoid it with a diet that is on point. I wish that were the case with me. While my diet it pretty good deff think I need cardio to get me under 10%. I went a few years with out doing cardio and I didnt miss it at all. Now that I am cutting again I am running hiit a few times a week and running 30min on the eliptical a few more days.

Twice a day usually while cutting for show.
Just a brist walk on the treadmill to get the heartrate elevated to fat burning.
Start with 45 minutes upon waking and 45 min just before bed.
Rest of the time screw that crap.

I run 3-4 days a week 1.5 miles and after I walk a brisk pace on the treadmill for 1 full hour at an extreme incline...I usually burn 700+ calories each session.

Every morning I wake up looking tighter and leaner and it really adds up fast burning that many cals. Couple that with a proper diet and lifting heavy and you will shred the f up quickly. In Nov I was 17% BF and as of last week I am 8% BF. I will be down to 6% by May 3rd all while still making strenght gains. Just get your macros adjusted properly and you will be golden.

I'm in this perdicament too, i've never been in the single digit bf%, and I want to be for the summer so I'm trying to figure this cardio thing out since I feel my diet is very good. (not excellent because I don't weight food). But where as I do MMA training and lift 2 days a week, plus work. It's hard to do everything without burning out.

I didn't do cardio for a year got lazy... just started at it again and realized how much I missed it it's sucha stress releiver and mood enhancer for me plus sex is soooo much better when your cardio is in check and you don't get outta breath banging 3 times daily while on cycle :p

i used to run 45 miles per week back in my running days. now as a gym rat lifter I do it 1-2X per week.. 1 mile at a time. usually I will find a hawt chick on the treadmill and get next to her. and its usually on a leg day. i will workout my legs then run.. i get a nice pump going that way. and also I will bicycle 6-7 miles every now and then. when i have errands to do like post office or bank i rather bicycle then take the car.

I was a fighter for 5 years so my life revolved around cardio. It has felt so nice not to do it the last year. But to be honest I do feel like a lazy slob lol. I like to try and burn around 500 a session.

same here balance. most of my cardio came from kyokushin and muay thai all week. i used to also race mountain bikes and do some freestyle rollerblading which was alot of cardio too. never ran in the gym didnt need to. although i wasnt big on breaks during lifting. id set everything up so i could go from one lift to the other. do one round of my 5x5 one after the other and then take a water break and a breather and then do it over again.

i love mountain biking and also you feel sooooooooooo much better when your conditionong is dialled in and find it really helps to get below 10% but you really dont need alot , for me 30/40 mins is plenty and as ive said before you must find a form of cardio you enjoy .

Top Bottom