Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whiner: "But if I train like a powerlifter I'll be fat and have a thick waist"

Madcow2

Whiner: "But if I train like a powerlifter I'll be fat and have a thick waist"

Non-Moron: "It's all in the diet and genetics - since you can't do anything about genetics you need only concern yourself with diet"

Whiner: "I don't believe you, leg extensions and concentration curls are the key to a well developed physique. I know I'm a stupid whiny bitch but I'd need to see pictures."

Check out these pics of Dave Gulledge's total transformation. Not what I'd call a thick waste or blocky physique. Lot's of info on Dave on the net.

http://www.midwestbarbell.com/totalelite/index.php?showtopic=1110

Holy shit, is that unreal or is that unreal? That dude is jacked up beyond belief. I was going to ask about some powerlifting being thrown into my routine lately. Just to beef back up a little with my eating and workouts being torn apart for the past month or so. Plus medication made me drop a shitload. Anyway, what are the best couple to throw in to bulk up a little bit more?

Yeah - holy shit was the first thing I though too.

To answer your question, it's pretty easy to build muscle (meaning, in my opinion and that of just about the entire world outside of BBing the absolute best way) by increase your squat, dead, bench, row, chin, and overhead press. This basically takes care of the whole body. People tend to grow really well and develop very symetrically with little to no isolation work (which could always be thrown in on an as needed basis rather than the typical dilutive shotgun array that one usually sees in BBing). Obviously PL's are concerned primarily with 1RM in the first 3 lifts but a BBer would be well served by focusing primarily on this group and increasing capcities in the best set of 5 or comparable range.

If you've seen the programs I generally suggest and wonder why everyone who eats for caloric excess is putting on a lot of muscle - this is it. Just a lot of workload and frequency to increase one's capacity in the big lifts (the ones that drive 95% of your progress) as quickly as possible in a viable hypetrophy range.

Simple stuff. http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4764723&postcount=381

dammit madcow- now I want to diet again. Thanks a lot ;)

Does that dude have a username over there? I'd like to see any journals/posts of how he went about that change.

I was following his journal on another board. It goes to show you that you are what you eat. Powerlifters who eat entire pizzas, a dozen doughnuts a shot, drink excessive beer, and pop twinkies look like shit from their diets, not their training. Guys like Dave, who pay attention to nutrition, reap the benefits and have a superhuman physique to match their super human strength.

I love it when people talk about strength athletes and how big their bones, hips, waist, will become...

IMO...if you want to be a hard looking person...you should train like a true strength athlete...

My wife took this on Sunday while I was training...I am between 270 and 280 here...

03.jpg

what a lamer, he shaved his chest :rolleyes:

anyway yeah that's damn impressive. He is a huge mofo. I hope he didnt lose much strength.

BigBadBootyDaddy29 said:
I was following his journal on another board. It goes to show you that you are what you eat. Powerlifters who eat entire pizzas, a dozen doughnuts a shot, drink excessive beer, and pop twinkies look like shit from their diets, not their training. Guys like Dave, who pay attention to nutrition, reap the benefits and have a superhuman physique to match their super human strength.

I totally agree; it's all about diet, core exercises, & doing some cardio, if needed.
After all, look at Mario P... 2-time WSM

Top Bottom