Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

While dieting..Reps to get cut, or go as heavy as you possible can? what do you say?

The_Eviscerator said:
I think heavier more intsense training with shorter duration during cutting works better for me. If I am doing cardio in the AM and cutting calories, marathon sets and high volume are a sure fire way to overtraining and complete loss of motivation.
I agree. I was hitting cardio in am, but one day, I said fuck it, I'll just hit chest and tris', and at the end, I'll be a man about and hit my cardio. Needless to say i stayed 3 hours at the gym, and got sick for the next two days. I do not know what the sickness was about, but I really feel it was simply overtraining

The best way to maintain muscle is consistant volume meaning hitting the muscle 3-5 times per week lightly rather than one haevy load. In addition by doiing this you keep your heart rate up and if you keep your rest periods short enough you can eliminate the need for cardio.

waterboy44 said:
The best way to maintain muscle is consistant volume meaning hitting the muscle 3-5 times per week lightly rather than one haevy load. In addition by doiing this you keep your heart rate up and if you keep your rest periods short enough you can eliminate the need for cardio.

just out of curiousity, do you have anything to back this up, as there is no way that would work for me. Hitting it once every 6-7 days works best for me

Whenever I have cut down in the past, I have increased reps and sets and shortened rest periods. I have built my foundation in the winter months and therefore focus on conditioning in the summer. I personally can not lift heavy 12 months a year. I lift heavy 6-7 months out of the year. In the warmer months I speed my workouts up and throw in more assistance exercises.

I believe in keeping things the same except for two things

1) addition of cardio

2) stopping at falure and never trying to leift heavier then your current max

the muscle is there, stay with the same wieght and let the diet do the rest

Yates stated one of his biggest mistakes was trying to up intensity with lift while cuting

he said that was responsible for all his injuries

I'm for both.

Heavy rest pause sets increase tone because of its effects on the nervous system. Plus lifting heavy is fun.

Lighter high rep sets create the need for more glycogen, and allow for supercompensation with your post workout carbs. The whole drain and fill technique.

OMEGA said:
I

Yates stated one of his biggest mistakes was trying to up intensity with lift while cuting

he said that was responsible for all his injuries

I think this is the main factor why I tend not to train as heavy when cutting. It's way too easy to get yourself a nice injury that will piss away all your hard work from the bulking months.

needsize said:
just out of curiousity, do you have anything to back this up, as there is no way that would work for me. Hitting it once every 6-7 days works best for me
Im not going to go digging up reports to make you believe me. I know what I a talking about. Ive been a PT for almost three years. This method is effective for my clients 90-95% of the time(not everyones the same). Everyone says this method doesnt work for them but I useually find that its because MOST are not diciplined enough to try it for more than a week, and when they do they rep through as fast as they can instead keeping their muscle under stress for a long period of time. <----What do you think cardio is? Either way you can take my advice or leave it. If you want references to a study read a book.

Top Bottom