Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where to restart?

Luvat730

My name is Leo, in high school I could never gain ANY muscle. None I was weak and could not do ANYTHING. That changed at 18 when I found out a medicine I had taken most my life had interfered with my muscle growth. After that I was a gym rat, nothing more relaxing then working out IMO.

However a year or so ago I was injured, it's only now I am restarting working out. I'm sad to say when I look in mirror I see that same weak kid from high school.

That's going you change, this time for good. I gain muscle fast when I try, however last time I didn't know what I was doing (resulting in me breaking a couple ribs among other things).

This time I want help, if anyone can give me some tips to get back into things that'd be helpful. I'd like to focus on my arms, but overall I want to focus on making my body into what it should be.

As of now I'm average built, not unhealthy but not the best. Yet.

Glad to be on the forums :)

Ps. If this is posted in the wrong area I am sorry.

The first thing you should do is to change your mindset. Stop operating from a deficit of what you think you do not have. Having the mindset of lacking something can be defeating because obtaining things is about overcoming resistance. Weight lifting is brutally hard work. Plenty of resistance there. In all aspects everywhere there is always someone above or below your level. Think about that for a long time. This concept invalidates all the nonsense of being "good enough" or "excellent" in whatever field you are in. So a 1000 lb bench press is excellent? Yes, maybe, except there is someone around who can do more than this potentially, or has already done it, but is an unknown. So attributions are attributed by feedback from the general population and internal or self derived. What anyone thinks about you or their opinion is generally irrelevant unless that person is signing the check with which you pay for things to survive. Also in terms of the physical, expect to lose abilities and gain some as you age. Im much more efficient pound for pound at age 41 than I ever was in my twenties and thirties. This is mostly because now when I train there is not some asshole egotist wanting to fight me cause I deadlift more than him or some other asshole with an opinion about how I look when I lift or whatever. I have zero tolerance for positive feedback or negative(much more of this) as if Im a poll taker about what anyone thinks about what I do. Bottom line is I dont give a fuck. And this is precisely why I stopped going to most public gyms: 1)They're too expensive, 2)most of the clientele are assholes, and 3)more often than not the owner and manager should buttfuck each other cause they're also assholes.

What you should do: Get an olympic bar. Get some bumper plates. Get some basic squat stands. Get some rubber mats. Get some adjustable dumbbells. Get a bench press. Set it up in your garage or basement. Lift heavy. Eat. Repeat. Ignore irrelevant shit as mentioned above about looking pretty while lifting. Expect to make ominous faces while lifting heavy. Yell if needed, there's no fucking cunts to complain on the elliptical machine trying to get their ta ta's ready to be rammed by sugardaddy. Consider it your personal dungeon. And then on each rep stay hungry. Remember that the mind quits before the body. If you need specific workout advice, contact me, I worked in the fitness industry for 10 years until I got tired of competing with uneducated salesmen that had basic certification shit who were in reality uneducated fucks.

Top Bottom