Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where do you start from, when your doing deadlifts?

crash3837

I used to start in an upright position standing straight up. Using the adjustable clips just outside of the squat rack at knee cap level. I used to be able to do a lot more weight.
Well I changed over to starting at the ground what a true deadlift is. Its a lot harder until I get that first lift off of the ground. Well does this matter if you start from the ground or upright postition? Also my first lift when I deadlift is the hardest, does this also mean that I'm using to much momentum when I come back down and touch the ground? Should I give it more of a pause?

"dead" = from the ground. partials only if your trying to increase your one-rep max AND you know how to implement them, OR if you are a newbie or injured.

If you don't do them from the ground the initial part of the movement will become a weak point in your lifting technique. Unless you work that part of the lift seperately as well.

When I do deads, I stop the weight each time before I take it back up again. Bouncing it off the floor will get you more reps and maybe more recognition, but it won't make you stronger.

------------------
One Rep Past Death...

Top Bottom