x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Where do you start from, when your doing deadlifts?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Where do you start from, when your doing deadlifts? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I used to start in an upright position standing straight up. Using the adjustable clips just outside of the squat rack at knee cap level. I used to be able to do a lot more weight. Well I changed over to starting at the ground what a true deadlift is. Its a lot harder until I get that first lift off of the ground. Well does this matter if you start from the ground or upright postition? Also my first lift when I deadlift is the hardest, does this also mean that I'm using to much momentum

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Amateur Bodybuilder
    I used to start in an upright position standing straight up. Using the adjustable clips just outside of the squat rack at knee cap level. I used to be able to do a lot more weight.
    Well I changed over to starting at the ground what a true deadlift is. Its a lot harder until I get that first lift off of the ground. Well does this matter if you start from the ground or upright postition? Also my first lift when I deadlift is the hardest, does this also mean that I'm using to much momentum when I come back down and touch the ground? Should I give it more of a pause?

Amateur Bodybuilder
    "dead" = from the ground. partials only if your trying to increase your one-rep max AND you know how to implement them, OR if you are a newbie or injured.

Pro Bodybuilder strengthmonster's Avatar
    If you don't do them from the ground the initial part of the movement will become a weak point in your lifting technique. Unless you work that part of the lift seperately as well.

Good Broly
    When I do deads, I stop the weight each time before I take it back up again. Bouncing it off the floor will get you more reps and maybe more recognition, but it won't make you stronger.

------------------
    One Rep Past Death...

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Thanks, exactly the answers I wanted to hear.