Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where do I go from here? - Long time Poster, ready to change things up a little!

Hellawulf

As some of you recognize, I've been on the boards for over two years now, and I wish I had a few more pics from where I started (almost kinda embarrassing now), and soon I'll post a pic showing were I am. I've had ups and downs, going into my "wild seed planting" stage when I first started college, then breaking my ankle last summer, but I'm starting to see some good results and want to keep them up but I'm trying to contemplate where to go from here and figured ya'll could give me some advice from experience.

I'm currently 20 yrs old at 6'2" 181 pounds 11.2% BF
Maxes: (pounds)
Bench - 245
Squat - 295 (may be higher, I haven't actually maxed in forever - and it used to be much higher-, just using the last weight I lifted on this one)
Deadlift - 420
P. Row - 225

For the last 5 weeks, I've come pretty far from what I can see in the mirror dropping from 190 to 180, I've been getting compliments on my body and I know my physique has changed. But I'm starting to think about trying to get larger.

I figure I have a few options:
A. Continue to cut for another month doing what I have been doing (CKD diet, HIIT 3xs a week, Bill Starr's 5x5 - which is kinda getting old, been doing 5x5 for a while)
B. Continue to cut and switch into a more daily muscle specific workout plan - which I shy away from because I don't want to lose muscle mass
C. Start gaining by just eating more but sticking to all my current plans and dropping the Animal Cut
D. Start gaining and switch up my workout into less cardio and implementing muscle specific days.

Note: Notice that all options keep CKD, I figure I want to keep CKD because its awesome for cutting (as my results have showed me thusfar), and if I go into lifting I can just increase my calorie intake and gain lean muscle (I'm kinda scared of putting fat weight on again - made that mistake in HS).

Looking for Advice and Opinions! (All will be weighed!):chomp:

Bulk bro. 181lbs on 6'2" frame looks athletic but Im sure you could gain 20 lbs and have a good diet (sounds like u do) and still look ripped

5x5 is a good routine but maybe for now switch to a more 4-5 day split. More bb routine

I would say option D

Well what are your goals?

I think you should bulk.
Change the workout to keep your sanity if it's getting stale. Working out shouldn't be a chore.
HIIT will hinder your strength gains btw.

I like D as well, but hit a 'muscle group' at least 2x a week.

switch to a push/pull full body split. id also recommend bulk for your height and gain 20 pounds (depending on if ur build is sports related ie: weight classes in fighting events or something, rockclimbing,etc) i would keep the ckd and up cals. once that diet is so routine to your life and you always eat that way it will be so much easier to maintain leanness as diet is usually the weakest part of ppls lifestyle

I thank you guys for your response! I've been tettering, and thinking about cutting more, but I think this may push me over to bulking then. I do Mix Martial Arts for my College. At my current weight I'm pretty strong. If I go up towards the 205 weight class I'll need to put on STRAIGHT muscle and see some HUGE gains on my lifts, otherwise I'll be in over my head quick... but I am willing to do so, I was thinking I'd stick to CKD but instead of taking in 2400-2800 calories a day like I have been boosting up to around 3200-3600 calories a day but keeping straight meats and vegetables.

I'll do some research on 4-5 day splits, but if ya'll want to post up some preferred examples I'd love to take a look at those too!

Thanks again!

Reached my goal!!! Changing things up!

For the first time in my life, I've stuck to a strict diet and workout plan and it worked for me! At the gym today I did a BF test, in earlier posts I had estimated my BF, believing it to be about 11.2% as consistent with my weight loss (actually giving a little to the idea that I had gained a few pounds of muscle) but apparently I've gained more muscle than I though during my cutting phase because my BF% is 7.5%! :) My goal was 8%. Now unfortunately I thought I'd have an 8 pack at this weight, which I obviously don't have, but this was the goal I had set for myself. I believe it is clear what I need to do. I obvously don't have enough muscle mass to physically see the results I'm wanting to see (i.e. more defined chest, abs, legs), therefore I'm going to start going into a bulking phase.

Choice D. I'm following Needto's plan with a push/pull/leg split and the plan is to drop one of my cardio days, only doing HIIT on tues and thurs, and taking both Sat and Sun off completely. I also plan on keeping my CKD diet, I love its effects, therefore I'll just increase my caloric intake by around 1000-1200 calories (by mostly adding in more chicken meat and an extra scoop of olive oil to each protein shake):chomp:.

That is my plan. Please feel free to critique as much as possible!

Thank you!

Top Bottom