Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where can I get some front delts?

markp

I don't have any front delts! I got great rears, great sides, but no fronts. Here is my routine from the last 10 months:

seated dumbell presses (5 sets of 6-10)
seated barbell presses (3 sets behind neck, 2 sets in front of 6-10 reps)

4 sets of HEAVY side lateral raises (10-12 reps)
4 sets of front raises (10-12 reps)
4-5 sets of rear delts (10-12 reps)

What do I have to change to get the fronts big and ROUND!!!??

Less sets on the front raises maybe? You work your front delts on the bench press motion as well.

From a functional anatomy standpoint front delts will be worked in any pressing motion...be it bench, incline, decline, militaries, Arnolds, dips, etc. Any of these will work well. I would suggest any upright pressing motion for adding mass to the front delts since this position tends to take your chest out of play and places most of the workload on the delts.

Also, it would be good to finish off with front raises or maybe even pre-exhaust with them but don't depend on them alone to put a lot of beef on your fronts. Work hard and good luck!

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Also...
A slight pronation (twisting of the wrist to the inside) at the top of your seated DB presses will accentuate the contraction and delt isolation. This is why I prefer DB presses to militaries.

Another suggestion would be to try Smith machine behind the neck presses instead of free weight barbell. Free weights are usually better, especially when trying to add mass, but I prefer Smith machine here...simply because I can really feel my delts working on them.

Again, try pre-exhausting with the front raises before your presses. It's really a great and underused technique for weak bodyparts.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Arnold, "Keep looking."

[This message has been edited by GenetiKing (edited April 10, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by GenetiKing (edited April 10, 2001).]

Thanks for the advice GenetiKing. Could you be a little more specific about the twist at the top of the motion. I'm not following you.

Arnold presses foo'!

------------------
mini_asuka_visage_06.jpg
"BITCH! You can't do this to me!" Silvio

"how much can you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" Tyler Durden

Originally posted by markp:
Thanks for the advice GenetiKing. Could you be a little more specific about the twist at the top of the motion. I'm not following you.

Okay. With dumbbell presses, you can rotate them inwards toward each other as you press them. In other words, the DB's won't touch flat against each other at the apex. Think of it this way: If you have no DB's in your hand and you mimick this motion, the knuckles of your index fingers should touch instead of your thumbs. I'm sorry, I don't know if I explained this very well or not...

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Arnold, "Keep looking."

my front delt over powers my chest ,and the biggest builder for my front delt would have to be flat ,and incline ,then i hit my delts directly after chest
try to bench ,inline,and military heavy on the same day
your front delt will grow

you could do a twist as was said or you can just press with your hands parallel straight up in front of you. instead of the dbells at the side of your shoulders you are holding them in front of your shoulders with your hands parallel in front of you. straight up, straight down. if you dont feel it in your front delts....you dont have front delts.

My opinion is as follows. Don't worry about all of those small muscles till you are a freak!!!!! Just keep pounding those barbell presses. They will eventually grow. Have you flat benched in the 3's, inclined in the upper 2's, squatted in the 4's, deadlifted in the 5's, and barbell pressed 225 yet? Give it time. You body will catch up. Don't get caught up in small things like front delts...just stick with all of the basics.

Just my opinion though...all 290lbs of it.

B True

Top Bottom