Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When you feel crap

codeinvalid11

Do you guys sometimes feel shitty and decide to lift but cant go hard and just kinda do a maintenance lift that doesn’t stress the body too much ?

Personally I find it very difficult to hold myself back and not to push myself even when I am feeling like sh*t.

I don't think it's a wise idea and I would not recommend anyone else to do that.

i'm going to butt hurt most of the forum (what else is new) but you don't need to feel great to get in a weight training session. it isn't like you are running a marathon or doing a triathlon or playing in a professional sport like football, soccer, or hockey which takes you being at the top of your game to perform well.

weight training isn't even close to any of those so don't make the excuse that you are too tired to do it or you are only short changing yoruself

Do you guys sometimes feel shitty and decide to lift but cant go hard and just kinda do a maintenance lift that doesn’t stress the body too much ?

Some of my best sessions have been done when I felt off.

Some of my best sessions have been done when I felt off.

every elite athlete in the world says the same thing

the reason? adrenaline

it is adrenaline that gives you energy while you are in fight or flight mode. and when you feel off that is being stored in reserves ready to unload.

pro athletes have coaches and leaders on their team that fire them up too. we don't have that as gym rats, so we gotta fire ourselves up. for me? putting some new music and listening to it during my workout puts me into that mode.. helps bigtime and drowns out the crap the gym plays

It depends on what exactly you are talking about. If you are just having an off day, I say just keep pushing through it. If its been a daily thing its probably your body telling you something and you need a break. Listen to your body

If you’re not feeling it lower the weights and up the reps. Try adding more ab work and a little cardio.

Your body knows what’s best and will tell you from time to time what to do. Don’t over stress yourself for one workout.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Top Bottom